James, left right or center

James. Left right or center

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axlswhk

Player Valuation: £40m
for the balance of the team. I prefer to see him center.

We have nobody capable of playing an effective center attacking midfielder.

the right side is open to exploit all season if we persist with him.

the balance of the team is disrupted if we keep scrambling players out of position to cover the right.

james can enjoy a free role in the middle with adequate cover if he loses the ball in advance position.

we can have a proper winger on the right with pace to burn to increase our counter options.

Today's issue want where James was.playing, it was
1. Godfrey isn't a right back
2. Doucoure forgot to cover

I think he is better playing middle, require less running and fill the creativity void there. For balance sake. Problem is we have nobody on the right.

for the balance of the team. I prefer to see him center.

We have nobody capable of playing an effective center attacking midfielder.

the right side is open to exploit all season if we persist with him.

the balance of the team is disrupted if we keep scrambling players out of position to cover the right.

james can enjoy a free role in the middle with adequate cover if he loses the ball in advance position.

we can have a proper winger on the right with pace to burn to increase our counter options.
Teams have been targeting our right side for the last few seasons now, i can't believe we still hav'nt done anything about it, goes back long before Ancelotti was manager.

I think he is better playing middle, require less running and fill the creativity void there. For balance sake. Problem is we have nobody on the right.
He is better playing in the middle for sure but he kind of drifts all over the place anyway. Put him in the middle though and are you then putting someone on the right? If so, you're losing a centre mid where we were overrun today, and if not, you may as well leave him where he is to wander about from the right

If we had someone decent to bring in on the right maybe switch him to the middle. As he is our only viable option there at the moment he needs to play on the right. What he missed was an overlapping full back and Richarilson playing.

There's no #10 in a 4-3-3 therefore for he needs to be on the right of the forward line. He hasn't got the pace to be part of the defensive duties of the midfield 3. So that leaves RW or LW, Richi doesn't work on the right, been tried and failed so therefore that's where James goes.

He hasn’t got the pace or stamina on the right either. Which requires more work than a free role in the middle. At least we still have defensive shape if he loses the ball. With him roaming at the edge of the box, it makes life easier for him to deliver through balls. I think we will benefit more offensively and defensively with him in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.