2017/18 James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a player here. We saw it in his first season for us.

However a combination of injuries and the tensions between himself, the manager and Ireland I believe have contributed to his lack of game time and poor performances

Last night however we saw more of the player of old. Hopefully now he gets his chance again but it must be his last chance.

done more pressing in 60 minutes then our whole team have in the season

if he can get fit and playing like he was in season 1 ( long time ago I know ) we have a top midfield again

Probably better suited to a pressing game than Schneiderlin. I like having a high energy 3 in midfield, 3 from Davies, Gana, McCarthy, Schneiderlin, maybe even add Beni to this list.

At the risk of tempting fate, do we know for certain that he came through last night's game without injury? The knock on this lad for ages now has been that he's a sick note... if he can overcome that, then he's still young enough to have a future with us.

At the risk of tempting fate, do we know for certain that he came through last night's game without injury? The knock on this lad for ages now has been that he's a sick note... if he can overcome that, then he's still young enough to have a future with us.
Unsure, but Unsworth did go out of his way to state more than once that he was a planned sub from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back