James Return

Status
Not open for further replies.
More magic than any player I’ve seen at Everton since Rooney but if he can only play about half the games and almost never fully fit at that is it worth it for the mega wage he would want? Probably not.

I wish we had the type of team that could carry a true luxury number 10 like him, but we’re the exact opposite, a team that barely works and has no pace in central midfield or defence usually. We can’t afford another player who isn’t able to close ground and press when the rest of the team is also unwilling or unable to do it.

Do we really believe that deal? Seemed so sus considering how little money we had at the time.

If Rodriguez would have agreed to join Porto, Diaz would be an Everton player now.

6b056c1b-f5f4-4f22-b0cb-3284ed0e43c1.jpg

That's my big regret from his being here, not being able to see the kid.
Saying that though, his presence would be a sideshow and a pure luxury we can't afford. We've probably got one of those already in Dele.

Knew he would binned be off by the pervious manager and went to the last game he played pre season, had to sit in the their home end and sully myself just to see him in an Everton shirt. Outstanding talent...
Thought he did well managed 23 games and 6 goals and numerous assists, and how many vases of play came from him in his season...

Sadly missed and other circumstances have played out which meant we missed his ability even more. Made no sense getting rid on the pitch side of things, unless you happen to be a bitter old kopite manager.

I'd have him back, but not 200k per week.

How about a 1k per minute played deal? Anything else is literally burning cash on his tissue paper body

Maybe it's all clickbait but anybody want to offer a thought on the report that James would welcome a return to Everton now he must not be named has gone? He was one of the most sublime footballers I've ever seen play for us, although he missed too many games - he was never quite the same after St Virgil crushed his nuts in the derby.

Even then, it was deeply frustrating that the fat one was playing a clearly unfit Rondon ahead of him and seemed to want James out from the start. What if he would return on a lower wage? We could certainly do with some creativity at the moment. Him and Dele both firing in the same team would be something to get excited about, wouldn't it?
no, he is a waste of space who turns up even less often than our team

we could give Eto a bell too... see if Ozil, Aubamayang and Adebuyor fancy making us the most expensive paid players to get relegated whilst taking selfies on luxury planes, boats etc. Whats schneirderlein and Mirallas up to these days???

Maybe it's all clickbait but anybody want to offer a thought on the report that James would welcome a return to Everton now he must not be named has gone? He was one of the most sublime footballers I've ever seen play for us, although he missed too many games - he was never quite the same after St Virgil crushed his nuts in the derby.

Even then, it was deeply frustrating that the fat one was playing a clearly unfit Rondon ahead of him and seemed to want James out from the start. What if he would return on a lower wage? We could certainly do with some creativity at the moment. Him and Dele both firing in the same team would be something to get excited about, wouldn't it?
We are, on occasion at any one time, carrying a number of gash players from - Gomes, Gbamin, Delph, Iwobi, Alli (?)
Would Rodriguez be an up grade?
Even on an average day - probably

What a talent but it’s not going to happen now, he’s another year older and slower. Shame, most technical ability i can remember seeing in an Everton player.

There’s merit to arguments for and against his exit but what is unarguable is that it was terribly handled and mismanaged by Benitez. An egotist with a high handed “I know best” and ever explain attitude is going to struggle to lead people and take them with him…so turned out to be the case and he left a dispirited group with morale on the floor. To think some people were all in for it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.