2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
he’s still by miles our best creative player. We need to be adding players that can get 10+ goals/assists a season not losing them. We can’t just rely on Calvert and richarlison to do everything as even if they both have great seasons and get 20 goals each we still need 3 or 4 players to be getting assists and 5 plus goals to have a chance of anything other than mid table.

There's on example of how it was a commercially brilliant signing.

I'm basing all of the above off what has been reported by accurate sources throughout the saga. Most of it isn't even speculation.

Did the club need to shift him out? Yes - this has been widely reported since July. We needed his wages off the books.

Did James want to leave? I think we can safely say yes.

So, like I said, a two-way streak.
All that talks of is branding and projection of the club; there's nothing there about capitalising on that financially.

I'd like to know how a season of James has translated into cold hard cash. How many shirts did we sell of James? Just a simple and obvious one but that would be more telling than some corporate gobbledygook.

oh, it's definitely mutual.
He wants out and Benitez doesn't want him here.
Hammy Rodz can't do much about the situation while exiled from the First Team Squad can he? It's exactly what Benitez did to him at Madrid.

No wonder the lad was looking for another team as soon as Bulbous Benny was announced as manager.

I'm pretty sure I saw him in a training clip from last Friday. He wasn't selected but he seemed to be training.

It's going to be a 2 way thing going forward. If James trains well, gets himself fit, and keeps himself injury free, then Benitez would be stubborn not to at least stick him on the bench every week or use him midweek for rotation etc.

James has plenty to offer if he can be motivated and fit, but a lot of that is partially up to him. There's no point continuing the current stand off. Benitez needs to offer him the chance to force himself back into the squad, and the player needs to take it. I'm sure the lad will want to play football, so hopefully it works out for us. If he can be a useful squad player then I can live with that.

The absolute worst thing he can do now is down tools and I reckon that's a distinct possibility to be honest. He won't get Ancelotti's protection here and he knows it.

Mate it's football ffs, not a cult.

People really, really have to shake this daft mentality off to be honest.
It's tribal mate, selling your soul to the devil will always come back to haunt you eventually. Top toffees who berated Carlo for not finishing higher are now declaring that we only need to avoid relegation for this season to be a success. If fat Sam had signed Rondon the number of gravy gifs would have been record numbers, but the kopite signs him and it's great business. Have a bit of self respect and as the kop sing his name and wave their flags of him while 2 0 up against us, ask yourself, what in God's name is going on here?

How do you think the player will react now mate? I've noticed recently that you haven't been happy with his attitude for a little while now.

he is an idiot
Plain and simple

he had ballon d’ore potential but he and his circle make bad decision after bad decision

but hopefully he takes these 10 days to train hard and try to earn the respect of the coach

He needs to commit to succeed here. He has nowhere else to go unless he succeeds here.

this will be make or break

Just a reminder, that at the end of the 2020 summer window, we (the club) decided Cenk Tosun, who wasn't fit at the time (he didn't come back until November) and we had been trying to sell for two years, was going to be our back up striker for the first half of the season. He ended up getting games.

So anyone suggesting we should bin James Rodriguez off while he's here and make him train on his own or some nonsense like that is genuinely weird. And it only endorses and supports some of the baffling decisions made by this club under Brands' tenure.

Perhaps... but we absolutely should not be trying to build a team around him as that backfired spectacularly last season. Luckily Benitez wouldn't do that anyway.
That's fine, we don't have to. This obsession that he's a player that everything has to be geared towards is mad.

Even at his best for Colombia, that team was built around pace on the wings and servicing Falcao, but the latter was injured heading into the 2014 WC as far as I remember so James became the star man and had a great tournament.

Our system can still be built around pace and energy. We've had fans moaning about how Richarlison can't possibly play central because he loses the ball too much. Well as an alternative option we've now got one of the best playmakers in the league to drop in and out when needed.

he is an idiot
Plain and simple

he had ballon d’ore potential but he and his circle make bad decision after bad decision

but hopefully he takes these 10 days to train hard and try to earn the respect of the coach

He needs to commit to succeed here. He has nowhere else to go unless he succeeds here.

this will be make or break
Blob on. Nice one mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.