2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just need to get something off my chest a bit off topic but I can stay silent no longer.

A lot of people use the term 'chat bubbles' which whilst it probably works in context is not the meaning of the term bubbles. Bubbles is short for bubble bath which in turn is rhyming slang for having a laugh.

Therefore the correct terminology is having a bubble as in you're having a laugh lad.

James is too good to not play, Benítez is having a bubble :bye::Blink:

Again, you keep mentioning other footballers, and I have no idea why - their unprofessionalism doesn't excuse James' unprofessionalism, and the unique problem with James is the mountain of evidence that his approach to his career as a whole is severely lacking.

I've just said I'm sure there's loads - if not most - footballers doing all kinds of extra-curricular crap; but most are not stupid enough to parade it, and most apply themselves to their career well enough regardless.

James doesn't. It's not the be all, end all reason to criticise him; it's just one of a litany of reasons.
He is very good at football though. In an Everton shirt.

I don't think he will ever have the conditioning levels that Benitez wants to play his A game, and will therefore not be a regular starter. I think the majority accept that and, tbh, I think that's fair enough. As much as I love him the player is not reliable enough injury wise to style our play around.

But there are going to be many times this season that the managers A game isn't working and that's when you need the type of quality that James brings. James needs to be fit enough to deliver on those occasions, which is completely different to being fit enough to do what Townsend does for instance. He needs to get himself to that level, which is basically where he was at the start of last season.

Take James out of the scenario and we are left with a very slim squad from an attacking perspective. I'm not sure that Benitez can afford to leave him out of the equation even if he wanted to. Even at Real Madrid where he probably had double the attacking options, he still used him occasionally.
Yeah I don't quite agree with that tbh, my background is Sports Science (Physiology) and it's just about clever management and a structured fitness programme that the player sticks too. The repeated calf injuries I am 90% sure are probably just from poor biomechanics and James having a bit of flat foot so when he is putting his foot on the ground he is stamping/stomping down which then results in more pressure going up through your calf as you roll forward off the ball of your foot. Most people when they walk go heel to toe. It could also all be down to poor Collagen levels which is genetic and there is evidence/studies to suggest that athletes across a variety of disciplines who have low Collagen levels tend to be more injury prone. None of this is stuff that can't be sorted or could'nt have been addressed in the past. Also something I have noticed just myself (not had time to look into it properly) a lot of Colombian football players do seem to be quite injury prone, but that is a whole other argument/study.

Yeah I don't quite agree with that tbh, my background is Sports Science (Physiology) and it's just about clever management and a structured fitness programme that the player sticks too. The repeated calf injuries I am 90% sure are probably just from poor biomechanics and James having a bit of flat foot so when he is putting his foot on the ground he is stamping/stomping down which then results in more pressure going up through your calf as you roll forward off the ball of your foot. Most people when they walk go heel to toe. It could also all be down to poor Collagen levels which is genetic and there is evidence/studies to suggest that athletes across a variety of disciplines who have low Collagen levels tend to be more injury prone. None of this is stuff that can't be sorted or could'nt have been addressed in the past. Also something I have noticed just myself (not had time to look into it properly) a lot of Colombian football players do seem to be quite injury prone, but that is a whole other argument/study.
You looking for a job Simon?
Sounds very much like an interview presentation. lol
Probably better off trying the club . . . . . . . . or perhaps Colombia, rather than wasting your time on a forum mate. ?

What you fail to understand is that professional footballers are in a bubble ...... The type of bubble that makes them think they can assault someone in a bar cos you don't get to pick the music.

I'm sure Gerrard looks back at a lot of things and realises that being surrounded by people who kiss your backside and tell you how great you are isn't ideal.

Somehow I think benitez was right not to tell the 25 year old Gerrard that deep down he thought he was amazing and his apparent frostiness was just his way of keeping him on his toes... It would have maybe made Gerrard think he was more untouchable than he thought.

Which is why Gerrard says it was smart of Rafael to do.
But again you ignore my point. Gerrard's realisation came a decade later. As Pennant points out, Benitez distance meant the players thought of Gerrard as a player manager and trwated him as such.
Just as likely that inflated Gerrard's ego to the point of DJ bashing.

No mate. I think the manager won't pick him because he doesn't fit his tactics, nor does he have the drive and motivation to actually force his way into the team. I don't think James will refuse to take part.
OK. So what does the manager do when 2 of his 6 senior attacking players are injured and Gordon is the only attacking player available for the bench?. God forbid, what does he do when 3 are injured at the same time.? What does he do when his preferred high intensity pressing game isn't working in certain games? Does he just carry on with the same old same old, or does he try and change it.?

Nobody on here is saying that Benitez will build his team around James. Nobody is saying that James will just fit into the style that Benitez will prefer to play. Most even admit that it probably would have been better or player and club if he was sold during the window, provided he was replaced in the squad.

But he's still here, we have a very thin squad attacking wise, and there are going to be times when his quality will be needed. Mainly off the bench but occasionally from the start when we play teams that park the bus and we won't be as exposed by the defensive risks of playing him.

The player needs to get himself to the same fitness levels he was at last season, which is probably as good as it's going to get, and the manager needs to show he's pragmatic enough to play him when needed. Personally I think both will happen, because they both have too much to lose for it not to.

We cannot afford to let him go to Turkey, and I’m not talking financials. With Siggurdson still awol and no sign of him returning any time soon, we do need some form of creative midfielder. He’s the best in the squad anyway at this so letting him go at this stage is foolish. I get that there’s tension between him and the manager, but if he gets himself match fit to come on off the bench, he’s a great asset to the squad.

They are all crap.

And combined are a far bigger drain on the clubs resources.

So once James leave's we will be relying on them , does that make sense.
The manager has already used the players I mentioned and therefore has already chosen to rely on them.
He obviously doesn't agree with you about their worth whereas he has chosen not to involve James so again he seems to disagree with your opinion.

Sigurdsson and Tosun can't be moved on for different reasons.

Every player is a drain on resources but if they are playing and involved in the team then they are contributing.

It is the players not involved are the real drain on resources.... that may not be their fault, if they are fit and ready to play but the manager chooses not to play them then there isn't much they can do.... only move on.

We cannot afford to let him go to Turkey, and I’m not talking financials. With Siggurdson still awol and no sign of him returning any time soon, we do need some form of creative midfielder. He’s the best in the squad anyway at this so letting him go at this stage is foolish. I get that there’s tension between him and the manager, but if he gets himself match fit to come on off the bench, he’s a great asset to the squad.
I think that the writing was on the wall for him as far back as the friendlies in America when he was very poor and didn't look interested.
I feel he knew at that stage the manager didn't want him and I think James wanted out as soon as CA left, if not before.

I don't think he factored in that no club could be found to take him.

I think that the writing was on the wall for him as far back as the friendlies in America when he was very poor and didn't look interested.
I feel he knew at that stage the manager didn't want him and I think James wanted out as soon as CA left, if not before.

I don't think he factored in that no club could be found to take him.
Perhaps this will be re-evaluated in January when we have another window to potentially move him and bring in an AMN for example. But for now, I think we’re both ‘stuck’ with each other through the winter and when he applies himself, will be useful to unlock stubborn defences.

Status
Not open for further replies.