2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see points like this concern me and i don't identify with them.

I worry about the fans perceptions of football and particularly what Sky has done to the beautiful game. Its not about winning, yes its nice. Its about more, why do you support the club? Its about belonging, its about identity, its about values, a shared history, its about integrity, its about when things are good or bad you are present and there - you are unwavering, its about being a part of something bigger then yourself representatively yet you are part of it as a one, its part or your own identity, its a culture. Winning or loosing in a lot of ways, are just high and low points of that journey.

Its why i dont want this manger, i dont even think hes a bad manager, its because i dont think he represents, the culture, values, dignity or integrity and all the things i mention, that Everton football club have historically represented or identified with and he never will.

Its like Klopp, hes a great manager, would i want him here, no way - hes an awful sports person and lacks integrity, dignity and humility, hes not us the same way this current manager is not us.
Beautifully written but I fear that the romance of the past holds us back and prevents us moving forward. I've seen a lot of fans talk about how we're a big club and how many trophies we've won but none of that matters to the players of today. It's too long ago. We need to change if we are to progress. Sometimes change is pleasant and sometimes it's not but we always need to keep evolving or we get left behind. And right now we're far behind the big boys, really far. Is Benítez the man to drag us closer? Well he certainly wasn't my choice, I had him down as yesterday's man, but, if you remove the red connection, he's certainly a better fit in today's football world than Koeman and Ancelotti were. Will he bring us back to the top table? No, but then the game has changed so much that I'm not sure anyone can. The boat has sailed and we threw away our £500m life raft.

Spot on Dave. Even in a press interview about our next game all the manager could talk about or make obvious reference to was James. I think he might be having a nervous breakdown as he seems obsessed.
Wasn’t he responding to two journalists asking questions about James? And one was a lengthy question. If the questions hadn’t have been asked do you think he would have mentioned James? What was he supposed to do? Give it the Carlo “who”? Thought he was controlled and explained he wants a hard working team and if James wants to be a part of it he’s goy to buy into that. Think we’ve all been crying out for a hard working team for a couple of decades.

You see points like this concern me and i don't identify with them.

I worry about the fans perceptions of football and particularly what Sky has done to the beautiful game. Its not about winning, yes its nice. Its about more, why do you support the club? Its about belonging, its about identity, its about values, a shared history, its about integrity, its about when things are good or bad you are present and there - you are unwavering, its about being a part of something bigger then yourself representatively yet you are part of it as a one, its part or your own identity, its a culture. Winning or loosing in a lot of ways, are just high and low points of that journey.

Its why i dont want this manger, i dont even think hes a bad manager, its because i dont think he represents, the culture, values, dignity or integrity and all the things i mention, that Everton football club have historically represented or identified with and he never will.

Its like Klopp, hes a great manager, would i want him here, no way - hes an awful sports person and lacks integrity, dignity and humility, hes not us the same way this current manager is not us.
As well as this is written I must disagree. Your argument has much merit but not without question. Club culture, footballing values, 'being part of something bigger' are all excellent points but it is not a stick to beat the current manager with. He's the new captain of the ship that will stay afloat whether he stays or goes. As for the football he demands; that ties in perfectly with my impression of Everton as a footballing entity. He's demanding, he's meticulous, he focuses on details, he coaches. So far this season he has played a brand of football that I admire and can identify with. We fought back from 1 nil down to win 3-1. Matched an insane Leeds team man for man and could've/should've won it. Out played a Brighton team that often out play top teams on their turf we had never won on before. A small sample size, but so far so good and I'm enjoying it. The reason I disagree is, if it is club values you want, team style etc. fighting for the badge then so far you have nothing to complain about with Benitez because I'm seeing fight in this side, and fight, is the first thing I value in an Everton side. He's adding results to that fight. If he fulfills those values then why beat him with the stick that he used to manage our rivals? Are you going to reduce your own values to a tribal nonsense? As long as he does it for us and I enjoy the journey you mentioned then I don't care about his past. It doesn't define him in the same way your past doesn't define you. Benitez will fight for our club...so far he's even making Iwobi look like a player.
As regards the Klopp comment. That's just a silly statement at the end of a well made position. He is obviously a great sport's person, has integrity, dignity and humility and it just stinks of the same blinkered tribalism to say otherwise. When your day to day life is dedicated to a certain cause you too would show bias.
You mentioned the 'journey'. Try to enjoy it. I personally have a very good feeling about Benitez as manager. Though I didn't want him for the same tribalism reasons initially, I am now seeing something different. I don't doubt for a second that he will put in everything he has to beat Liverpool at anfield and I reckon he would say 'of course' to that if asked

Wasn’t he responding to two journalists asking questions about James? And one was a lengthy question. If the questions hadn’t have been asked do you think he would have mentioned James? What was he supposed to do? Give it the Carlo “who”? Thought he was controlled and explained he wants a hard working team and if James wants to be a part of it he’s goy to buy into that. Think we’ve all been crying out for a hard working team for a couple of decades.
It is good to know that you aspire to a semi-critical approach but I would say that you need to demonstrate greater application and justification if you want to get to the heart of what is happening. A more robust analysis would have identified the keywords running through each section of the conference and synthesised this with the wider vocabulary the is being used against James. There is evidence of effort but the application is lacking. I hope this helps.

He was asked about it all the time by idiot journalists who read Everton forums and think people like you are in the majority. You aren't.
Dave, you need to seek help. These people are not your friends, they are manipulating you. I don't have his number but this looks like it might be his twitter account, reach out to him. PM me if you want to talk.

https://twitter.com/sicurrie?lang=en

I am getting quite fed up to the back teeth with this James saga. What manager in their right mind wouldn't even put a player of James obvious class on the bench. I mean he'd rather put a third keeper, or Delph on there. I think Benitez is too egotistical for Everton
In fairness it hasn't happened yet Charles.

My dummy is staying firmly in my mouth until at least 7pm on Monday.

He deffo won't be a starter but if he gets introduced from the bench what's to bet the roof is raised at Goodison.

In fairness it hasn't happened yet Charles.

My dummy is staying firmly in my mouth until at least 7pm on Monday.

He deffo won't be a starter but if he gets introduced from the bench what's to bet the roof is raised at Goodison.
He wont be in the match day squad.

If you think he will you haven't listended to the manager's press conference yesterday closely enough.

He stated James is weeks behind the rest.

Beautifully written but I fear that the romance of the past holds us back and prevents us moving forward. I've seen a lot of fans talk about how we're a big club and how many trophies we've won but none of that matters to the players of today. It's too long ago. We need to change if we are to progress. Sometimes change is pleasant and sometimes it's not but we always need to keep evolving or we get left behind. And right now we're far behind the big boys, really far. Is Benítez the man to drag us closer? Well he certainly wasn't my choice, I had him down as yesterday's man, but, if you remove the red connection, he's certainly a better fit in today's football world than Koeman and Ancelotti were. Will he bring us back to the top table? No, but then the game has changed so much that I'm not sure anyone can. The boat has sailed and we threw away our £500m life raft.

Sorry mate, I don’t agree at all, I don’t believe the values, culture, identity or history holds us back as a club at all.

We have a richer history then say, City & Chelsea is there lack of such enabling factors in there current success, I think it myself, I actually think they crave a little bit of “old money“ credibility and identity, you never really hear those clubs describes as institutions the way you would us and other clubs, however much Sky tries to frame a new history since the start of the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.