Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a forum.

There could be a multitude of reasons why he didnt push for a move when Moyes offered £20mil...£30mil...and £35mil to Burnley over the past 2 seasons.

Tarkowski may have only wanted to play for Lampard...didnt want to move house...blah blah blah.

The only way to gauge the 'reality' of where he is in the league is to look through the 20 sides.

He gets into all but 5 of them. You responded to that "none of them tried to sign him"...

If opinions arent relevant (as you stated) then show your factual evidence that no club was interested in him or bid for him apart from Everton.
You're just being weird now. I think it's pretty clear what I mean. If the manager of Manchester United thought Tarkowski would walk into their team then he would have signed him. With the best will in the world Tarkowski would not be turning down guaranteed games at United to come here, therefore it's safe to say United did not want to sign him. The opinion of the United manager of whether he walks into their side is more relevant than the opinion of little old me sat here banging away on my keyboard. This is all fairly simple stuff.

I'm perfectly happy with us signing Tarkowski, but I find the determination of some to make out like it's some sort of transformative signing of an undoubtedly top class centre half to be really bizarre. He's a good PL player and he's free, just be happy with that instead of trying to convince yourself a 29 year old with 2 caps and a history of playing in lower league and relegation battling teams is a modern day Bobby Moore.

You're just being weird now. I think it's pretty clear what I mean. If the manager of Manchester United thought Tarkowski would walk into their team then he would have signed him. With the best will in the world Tarkowski would not be turning down guaranteed games at United to come here, therefore it's safe to say United did not want to sign him. The opinion of the United manager of whether he walks into their side is more relevant than the opinion of little old me sat here banging away on my keyboard. This is all fairly simple stuff.

I'm perfectly happy with us signing Tarkowski, but I find the determination of some to make out like it's some sort of transformative signing of an undoubtedly top class centre half to be really bizarre. He's a good PL player and he's free, just be happy with that instead of trying to convince yourself a 29 year old with 2 caps and a history of playing in lower league and relegation battling teams is a modern day Bobby Moore.
City were interested, but Tarks only wanted to play for the blues and Lampard, as a young lad he used to have pictures of Harry Redknapp on his wall and its been his dream ever since to put on the blue shirt and hang out of a window on deadline day.

Well me giving my opinion on that isn't really relevant is it? My point is that he was available to everybody in the league on a free transfer and yet most of the teams you think he would walk into decided not to sign him. That seems like a much sounder basis to work from really.

It's a strange one isnt it.

I'm very surprised Moyes didnt make the move. I'm also surprised we werent outbidded by Newcastle/Villa etc. I thought he would be in higher demand.

Maybe people have seen something in him that has declined.

Better than Maguire? A few including me would think so,there was a glaring problem in our defence last season,if Lampard sees him as a fix that's good enough for me. And if he stays fit and in form for at least two seasons the deal will have been a success.

Just go through 6th placed side and below and say which team he wouldnt get in then.
I'll play.

West Ham no
Leicester is a maybe
Brighton is a maybe
Wolves no
Newcastle maybe
Palace no
I don't even know who plays CB for Brentford tbh so I guess yes
Villa no
Saints yes

I'm very surprised Moyes didnt make the move. I'm also surprised we werent outbidded by Newcastle/Villa etc. I thought he would be in higher demand.

Moyes didn't make the move because he already has Craig Dawson and it's essentially the same thing. Pretty sensible that.

Bobby Moore / transformative signing....Man United didnt sign him etc etc

;) @ForeverBlue92 could you decode wtf hes on about?

Rumour was that Lampard had told him hes going to help him get back in the England squad + he didnt want to move house.

Its a forum.

There could be a multitude of reasons why he didnt push for a move when Moyes offered £20mil...£30mil...and £35mil to Burnley over the past 2 seasons.

Tarkowski may have only wanted to play for Lampard...didnt want to move house...blah blah blah.

The only way to gauge the 'reality' of where he is in the league is to look through the 20 sides.

He gets into all but 5 of them. You responded to that "none of them tried to sign him"...

If opinions arent relevant (as you stated) then show your factual evidence that no club was interested in him or bid for him apart from Everton.

Just because someone has an opinion on something doesn’t mean they ALWAYS have to give it or have a strong body of evidence, forum or not

Just because someone has an opinion on something doesn’t mean they ALWAYS have to give it or have a strong body of evidence, forum or not

Then why respond to a post?

Moreover, why respond to a post to give opinions while claiming not to have opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.