Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that was the one I was thinking about, it was either Ruzumberok or something or Split and he was baaaad
Ruzemberok that was it. Won 1-0 with a scuffed Baines shot when we should have battered them really.

Was split who we beat 4-0 and Rodwell scored two worldies and then in the second leg hibbert booted someone up in the air and got sent off?

Ruzemberok that was it. Won 1-0 with a scuffed Baines shot when we should have battered them really.

Was split who we beat 4-0 and Rodwell scored two worldies and then in the second leg hibbert booted someone up in the air and got sent off?
Nah Rodwell was gone then, I remember Gueye scored just before half time because I got stuck in traffic and arrived just as he scored, the away was when Sigurdsson scored from like 60 yards I think

Nah Rodwell was gone then, I remember Gueye scored just before half time because I got stuck in traffic and arrived just as he scored, the away was when Sigurdsson scored from like 60 yards I think
Yeah prob fleecing Sunderland at that point. I’d take any European competition… conference , whatever. Different teams to play against and obviously the trips. Can’t believe some fans turn their nose up at it

Think this was the moment I woke up and realised the business we’d done was appalling and we were in trouble.

Think this was the moment I woke up and realised the business we’d done was appalling and we were in trouble.
We didn’t even play well if I can remember correctly. Like fair enough you win from a scuffed shot when you’ve bossed the game and it’s just that nothings gone in for you but I remember us being really poor

I’m sure Rooney tried to lob their keeper from 40 yards at 0-0 on about 60 minutes. Yeah I had the same feeling , although I tried to tried to convince myself that ‘we’d gel’.

That had to be the worst transfer window in the history of the sport - hindsight obviously

Sigma Olomouc. The 1:1 game after that 4:0 was absolutely SHOCKING as well, even without Hibbert's red card. He didn't boot anyone - someone played a backpass and Good Ol' Hibbo forgot he has to actually run and not just watch and got outran, last ditch tackle, easy red.

We had a nice kit though.

Sigma Olomouc. The 1:1 game after that 4:0 was absolutely SHOCKING as well, even without Hibbert's red card. He didn't boot anyone - someone played a backpass and Good Ol' Hibbo forgot he has to actually run and not just watch and got outran, last ditch tackle, easy red.

We had a nice kit though.
Don’t know why I had it in my head that he van dyked someone ?. I know I’ve derailed the thread with nostalgia but as I said above I genuinely miss European comps, no matter the standard, different teams different players and trips away with your mates etc.

To link the nostalgia to the topic… Tarkowski seems to be met in general with underwhelming response , but I remember Distin had the same response when he signed and he done ok. I’ve always liked tarkowski personally so hopefully he’ll serve us as well as distin.

I tend to just wait and see what happens when they get in the pitch now with new signings - I’ve been burnt too many times as I’ve posted above!

Don’t know why I had it in my head that he van dyked someone ?. I know I’ve derailed the thread with nostalgia but as I said above I genuinely miss European comps, no matter the standard, different teams different players and trips away with your mates etc.

To link the nostalgia to the topic… Tarkowski seems to be met in general with underwhelming response , but I remember Distin had the same response when he signed and he done ok. I’ve always liked tarkowski personally so hopefully he’ll serve us as well as distin.

I tend to just wait and see what happens when they get in the pitch now with new signings - I’ve been burnt too many times as I’ve posted above!
We all miss them mate...

Tbh it's an underwhelming response but it's not like we're in a position to sign Thiago Silva and prime Ramos lol He's plugging a hole that needs plugging (hopefully) and hope he doesn't lose his head like our current crop.

He's a pawn in all this. He's a free agent who had a lot of offers - but he ends up here. Funny that.

My guess is that he's a winner out of this and has made a small fortune in a signing on fee that will include some form of surreptitious payment to his old club.

I said this a fortnight ago, and the hold up just underlines how feasible that theory is.
This is the sort of thing that you would find written on the wall in human faeces in an abandoned mental asylum

He's a pawn in all this. He's a free agent who had a lot of offers - but he ends up here. Funny that.

My guess is that he's a winner out of this and has made a small fortune in a signing on fee that will include some form of surreptitious payment to his old club.

I said this a fortnight ago, and the hold up just underlines how feasible that theory is.
My guess is we were the only team with serious interest in him but we’re going to pay him like there were five or six baying for him

Status
Not open for further replies.