James Vaughan

Status
Not open for further replies.
precisely why I call it foolish for rejecting Newcastles bid.

I agree fully.

Why is he full of "passion and desire" anyway? Cos he runs about a bit?

He's had more time on the treatment table to be judged if he's any good IMO. 10minute spells here or there doesnt really add up to much IMO

I agree fully.

Why is he full of "passion and desire" anyway? Cos he runs about a bit?

He's had more time on the treatment table to be judged if he's any good IMO. 10minute spells here or there doesnt really add up to much IMO
The times he was fit, he more than showed to me he had the talent. Why not give him the chance to try and overcome his injuries at Everton? I'm a firm believer in his abillity as a top class striker. Potential England international for me, if he just can get rid of his injuries.

The times he was fit, he more than showed to me he had the talent. Why not give him the chance to try and overcome his injuries at Everton? I'm a firm believer in his abillity as a top class striker. Potential England international for me, if he just can get rid of his injuries.

He showed he's a pacy striker not scared to run at defences.

Other than that...he hasnt been able to show anything else IMO which is mainly down to his game time.

Its hard to judge a player who hasnt really played more than 1 full 90 minutes in the premier league.

Im just not overly excited by him as of now due to his injuries and the fact something else is bound to pop up.

I think Anichebe is a brighter prospect being that he's played more games, full games, and you can see his strengths/weaknesses and what can be improved. But he gets slated.

Other than that...he hasnt been able to show anything else IMO which is mainly down to his game time.

Its hard to judge a player who hasnt really played more than 1 full 90 minutes in the premier league.

Im just not overly excited by him as of now due to his injuries and the fact something else is bound to pop up.

I think Anichebe is a brighter prospect being that he's played more games, full games, and you can see his strengths/weaknesses and what can be improved. But he gets slated.

That's the part I agree with. Can understand what you're a saying though. It's all about opinions really. Always liked Vaughan, from the first time that I saw him in an Everton shirt.(y)

i don't rate victor, when he starts a match, "fully fit" he's knackered after an hour. Vaughan's just been unlucky with injuries, he's an incredible prospect and again i'll repeat, my love for him is unconditional!

If Vaughan wasn't so injury prone he'd be way ahead of Anichebe. He was clearly the better talent when they came through and as a striker has always been more productive than Victor when he's played.

He plays Anichebe's role better than Anichebe does. But then saying that Anichebe's best displays where in a wider position, as a wing forward.

James Vaughan still needs alot of work in terms of touch, control and hold up play. But in terms of raw attributes he has a bit of everything: Pace, power, aerial ability, movement etc.

I'm not getting over excited, but if he can stay fit then he's a very useful player to have. We don't have a striker like him, someone who can run in behind.

i don't rate victor, when he starts a match, "fully fit" he's knackered after an hour. Vaughan's just been unlucky with injuries, he's an incredible prospect and again i'll repeat, my love for him is unconditional!

Even though he's contributed to full games, been stand outs in full games, scored a few goals to win games compared to a injury prone sub who has a bit of pace?

I admit, Vaughan has things in his locker. But he's 2 years behind in his development and has 2 gammy knees.

Vic just needs leading down the right path more.

If Vaughan wasn't so injury prone he'd be way ahead of Anichebe. He was clearly the better talent when they came through and as a striker has always been more productive than Victor when he's played.

He plays Anichebe's role better than Anichebe does. But then saying that Anichebe's best displays where in a wider position, as a wing forward.

James Vaughan still needs alot of work in terms of touch, control and hold up play. But in terms of raw attributes he has a bit of everything: Pace, power, aerial ability, movement etc.

I'm not getting over excited, but if he can stay fit then he's a very useful player to have. We don't have a striker like him, someone who can run in behind.

....In spells.

Vic when he came on the scene had the attributes of a Drogba-like player (big strong, hold up play, ability to run at defenders)....then starts playing more games, getting more minutes, people see his flaws and he gets heavily criticised.

People still sound dough eyed over a player who hasnt played a full 90minutes of a premier league game.

Even though he's contributed to full games, been stand outs in full games, scored a few goals to win games compared to a injury prone sub who has a bit of pace?

I admit, Vaughan has things in his locker. But he's 2 years behind in his development and has 2 gammy knees.

Vic just needs leading down the right path more.
well thats your opinion and you're entitled to it, but for me if Vaughan quit football tomorrow i truely believe that he's played better in his 50 games (8 starts) than victor ever will for us. Yes victor has scored some crucial goals, but so has james, none more so than his penalty at Wembley. The boy has balls, and bags of raw natural talent; he didn't have to stand up and be counted that day but he did, and without his penalty we MAY have lost!

....In spells.

Vic when he came on the scene had the attributes of a Drogba-like player (big strong, hold up play, ability to run at defenders)....then starts playing more games, getting more minutes, people see his flaws and he gets heavily criticised.

People still sound dough eyed over a player who hasnt played a full 90minutes of a premier league game.

No, he always looked lightyears ahead of him to be honest.

Anichebe has never looked all that good upfront, he played his best football as a wing forward. He had some great games and really improved in my opinion. It's definitely a position I'd like to see more of him in.

He gets stick by those who still look at him as the frustrating centre forward he is. Because he's been out for so long people ignore his performances as a wide player.

well thats your opinion and you're entitled to it, but for me if Vaughan quit football tomorrow i truely believe that he's played better in his 50 games (8 starts) than victor ever will for us. Yes victor has scored some crucial goals, but so has james, none more so than his penalty at Wembley. The boy has balls, and bags of raw natural talent; he didn't have to stand up and be counted that day but he did, and without his penalty we MAY have lost!

I dont see it personally.

Big Vic has his problems because I've seen him play more times in the prem and what area's he can/has improved. Vic has worked on his all round game - last season he was stand outs in a number of games (The derby away, Villa FA Cup game, Stoke away). But also showed what his flaws were.

Vaughan cant really play 2 games on the bounce, never mind a full 90minutes, really to be judged on whether he's got everything or even be critisied on what he needs to work on.

Derby County boss Nigel Clough is hopeful that James Vaughan will return to the Rams on loan in January, but admits it's unlikely to be early on in the transfer window.

Speaking today, Clough said: "We will make another call to Everton but it is looking unlikely we will get him back immediately.

"If there is a chance of him coming back by the middle of January, we will hang on."

David Moyes has insisted that James Vaughan is staying at Goodison for the time being.

With Louis Saha nursing a hamstring strain, Yakubu on international duty for Nigeria at the African Cup of Nations and Jo suspended, Vaughan is the only fit and available striker in Everton's squad. Speaking ahead of today's match against Carlisle, Moyes said the 21 year old would be staying on Merseyside until his striking options were bolstered.

"He probably won't go back out on loan because of the shortage of players," confirmed Moyes.

"If I am able to bring people in in the transfer window then that could alter the situation. At the moment James is in and around it so we will keep him here."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back