January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
...it’s day 3 of the January transfer window and here’s a summary of rumours for this Wednesday morning:

- The Croydon Advertiser says Crystal Palace, Everton, Brighton and Chelsea are interested in signing Celtic’s 21 year old striker, Moussa Dembele.

- According to The Express, Everton are one of a number of clubs ‘queuing up’ to sign Athletico Madrid’s 29 year old Forward, Nicolás Gaitan. Spanish outlet AS, suggest Gaitán could be available for as little as £13.3m.

- The Express also says Everton expect to complete a move for Besiktas Forward Cenk Tosun today. The Toffees are sending a delegation to London to meet with the Besiktas President. The Liverpool Echo also reports Everton hope to conclude the deal today.

- The Daily Mirror claim Tottenham will rival Chelsea for the signature of Everton midfielder Ross Barkley.

- MailSport suggest Burnley are considering a move for Everton’s Aaron Lennon who has just 6 months left on his contract.

- 4th Official Report Everton are keen to sign 24 year old Hoffenheim midfielder Kerem Demirbay. Arsenal are also interested in the player.

- Spanish newspaper, Mundo Deportivo, says the agent of Barcelona misfit Arda Turan is trying to persuade Everton to make a bid for the 30 year old Forward.
Tosun and Turan , Turkish delight!

..alliteration as well. Impressive.

Just looking at the additional posters on here since we started negotiations with Tosun, I imagine if we did acquire two we could compete with the Red Danes coming into the city. I think the other lad we’re linked with from Hoffenheim also has Turkish links.

Özyakup's contract expires in the summer. May as well get him in now cheaply to replace Ross.

Batshuayi can leave according to Conti. Should be going for him.

We might aswell sell on Sandro, it isn't working for him. He is probably on a big wage and we could still get £10m + for him.
Niasse can go too why im selling strikers here (n)

..alliteration as well. Impressive.

Just looking at the additional posters on here since we started negotiations with Tosun, I imagine if we did acquire two we could compete with the Red Danes coming into the city. I think the other lad we’re linked with from Hoffenheim also has Turkish links.

He does indeed mate, my feeling is the tosun deal has just made us s cluckbait name for Turkish media arm, so expect a fair few old links with zero substance.

Much like Walsh trip to Italy did the same with Italian media and jarg links last summer.

Aleksandar Mitrovic..he is actually still young.. 1.88m tall, strong with good balance and a good header of the ball with a powerful shot, he's also pretty cheap and is likely to put a shift in as he wants to prove himself so he's picked for Serbia in the world cup.

Has some discipline issues that require ironing out like Rooney, Luis Suarez and David Costa had early in their careers.

Newcastle are actively trying to sell him and will let him go on loan with the option to buy.

No. We need a striker who can score and he is hardly prolific. Struggled to score in the championship last season. He doesn’t even get a game at Newcastle. And his discipline is horrendous and he would spend the first few seasons missing half the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back