January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaw would be a fantastic signing all things considered. Think we would have to pay £25-30 million to get him mind Utd love fleecing clubs for their cast offs (Depay & Morgan).

Still think we need a CB as priority also, Jags and Williams both have to be gone in the summer.

we're building our own best english XI now

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Keane Jagielka Baines
Lookman Davies Rooney Walcott
Calvert-Lewin

Now there's a pub quiz question I don't know the answer to.

Who/When was the last side in the English top flight to play a team consisting of only Englishmen?
Even the last British only team would be a struggle.

Am I the only one that thinks Sessegnon is just a winger playing LB and that Tierney has limited upside and it overrated? I would have both, don't get me wrong, but I guess I just like a bit more defense with my athleticism.

Sessegnin I agree, Tierney nope I think he's the real deal mate.

Now there's a pub quiz question I don't know the answer to.

Who/When was the last side in the English top flight to play a team consisting of only Englishmen?
Even the last British only team would be a struggle.

Good question, but unless my memory is wonky, (likely granted), I seem to recall it happening not that long ago. MOTD made a meal of it. Was British I think, and probably a newly promoted club.

Good question, but unless my memory is wonky, (likely granted), I seem to recall it happening not that long ago. MOTD made a meal of it. Was British I think, and probably a newly promoted club.
Would have thought it would have been a newly promoted side myself, but then again even they have been pretty multi national for a while now.

Ashley young is back, will be interesting to see how many start he gets at LB now shaw is playing (I am sure he was playing LB until recently).

Young is favoured by Mourinho, so it will be interesting to see if Shaw continues or if young comes back in now that he's served his ban.

Shaw would be a fantastic signing all things considered. Think we would have to pay £25-30 million to get him mind Utd love fleecing clubs for their cast offs (Depay & Morgan).

Still think we need a CB as priority also, Jags and Williams both have to be gone in the summer.

He's out of contract at the end of the season so shouldnt be that much.

Young is favoured by Mourinho, so it will be interesting to see if Shaw continues or if young comes back in now that he's served his ban.

He's out of contract at the end of the season so shouldnt be that much.

Who Shaw? In that case can see the usual top 6 suspects offering daft wages and huge signing on fee - someone like Spurs or Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back