January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your gonna be waiting a very long time for us to buy a proven 20 goal a season striker.

Every team in the world is searching for that.

Thats not to say we wont ever find 1, we got 1 in Lukaku, Yakubu, but that also doesnt mean we should sign utter tosh like Callum I scored 1 goal in 17 games in the conference Wilson.
Honestly feel like prime Yakubu would be near the the top of highest scorers with this team.

Miss him, beautiful smile and he completely took our Miereles which was just so fun to watch.

Honestly feel like prime Yakubu would be near the the top of highest scorers with this team.

Miss him, beautiful smile and he completely took our Miereles which was just so fun to watch.

Everton-Liverpool-Yakubu-smashes-Raul-Meireles-1356093101y.gif

They would get a peno for that these days.

Your gonna be waiting a very long time for us to buy a proven 20 goal a season striker.

Every team in the world is searching for that.

Thats not to say we wont ever find 1, we got 1 in Lukaku, Yakubu, but that also doesnt mean we should sign utter tosh like Callum I scored 1 goal in 17 games in the conference Wilson.
Yeah going for a proven 20 a season might be a stretch, but a proven 12-15 is out there. Hopefully if we had 1 of them seasons, like Martinez's first, where everything just clicks and the whole team's playing well a 12-15 a season striker would turn into a 17-20 man

Stating the obvious here but yeh striker needed just don't rush on who we bring in cus it could massively shape these next few years

Yeah going for a proven 20 a season might be a stretch, but a proven 12-15 is out there. Hopefully if we had 1 of them seasons, like Martinez's first, where everything just clicks and the whole team's playing well a 12-15 a season striker would turn into a 17-20 man

Stating the obvious here but yeh striker needed just don't rush on who we bring in cus it could massively shape these next few years

Marcel totes got diss.

When did I say any of that? My stance on the striker situation has always been the same

Wait until a good one, (i.e proven 15-20 a season), becomes available. Don't just sign an above average one to fill the gap and get everyone giddy cus we made a signing. We did that last winter and look where it got us

They've shown in the last 2 summers by dropping 45 mil on a #10 & 50 mil on a left winger that they're willing to put their hands in their pocket to improve the attack, so I don't doubt for a second that the 3 Ms will be going all in for a quality centre forward to take us up a notch
We’re not signing a proven 15-20 goal prem striker. Those go for 90mil. You’ve no idea I’d Iglesias would be good here or not. Neither do I.

We need goals.. he offers goals .. can't see us plumping for him tho
NO, it really didnt!

But I was getting massive Niasse vibes from him like, hes very, very raw, which is what I said about Niasse when I first watched his vids, the difference is this boy is 21, Niasse wasnt.
this boy might have it and if we grow him and keep him could be the focal point of turning us to European competition

We’re not signing a proven 15-20 goal prem striker. Those go for 90mil. You’ve no idea I’d Iglesias would be good here or not. Neither do I.
6 guys scored more than 15 goals in the PL last year. 8 the year before including Josh King. Should we sign him? Think Benteke had 15 that year, too, should we sign him?

The other thing is, believe it or not, but many people think La Liga is a better league than the PL.

6 guys scored more than 15 goals in the PL last year. 8 the year before including Josh King. Should we sign him? Think Benteke had 15 that year, too, should we sign him?

The other thing is, believe it or not, but many people think La Liga is a better league than the PL.
By 'proven' I assume he means someone who is getting those figures consistently. At that point you're only looking at the top strikers. Others can have 1 or 2 decent seasons like Benteke but it doesn't mean much to anyone else if they aren't consistent.

Not sure exactly what you’re getting at but one season doesn’t count as proven in my eyes. We will have to take a chance on someone regardless of league. Now or in the summer, we’ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back