Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that BHH Ltd have loaned £80m to EFC Ltd most of which has been used to clear old debts. It's unclear if new debt was incurred last summer.
The loan is interest free, with no terms of repayment, and I assume can be called in with a given notice period for Mosh's protection.
To me, it proves Mosh's commitment to EFC and is planned to form part of future share acquisition through conversion to equity.
What Mosh hasn't yet proven is his commitment to provide a large transfer kitty. If his Koulibaly claim is true we should have a minimum £60m net but the signs of a big spend aren't looking positive.
We'll see.

Agree with everything apart from the bold bit mate.

There's not exactly any signs of anything negative...

Another day, another Mario Balotelli rumour.

The latest speculation from the Mail surrounding the Nice striker links him to Premier League club Everton.

It would certainly be an audacious move by Toffees boss Ronaldo Koeman to make a move for him, given that Balotelli has only just left arch-rivals Liverpool, where he flopped.

process

But according to fresh reports, the enigmatic Italian could be offered to Everton for the second time in the space of a year - Everton apparently declined an opportunity to sign him before he eventually left for France.

The former Manchester City striker has actually been in fine form for his new club this season, smashing in nine goals in 13 games - helping his team to the top of Ligue 1 ahead of Monaco and PSG in the process.

process

Balotelli left England on transfer deadline day in the summer, and signed a one-year deal with the French outfit, meaning that a return to the Premier League might not be too far-fetched.

He would be free to negotiate with other clubs as early as next month, and could arrive for nothing if he chooses not to extend his deal.

process

Balotelli's agent Mino Raiola added fuel to the fire and said of his client: "Mario is an outstanding talent to have on a free transfer and would be fantastic in the Premier League.

"He has many options and England is one of them but it is not necessarily his priority. We remain open."

process

Raiola recently refused to rule out a move back the England's top division for Balotelli, perhaps in a bid to prompt Premier League clubs to compete for his signature.

His current form for Nice certainly won't do him any harm if this is the pair's plan, but would any club be willing to take the risk on the controversial striker?

lollollollollollollollollol

A few saddos keep mentioning him, notice they don't tag him in though. It's like he ruined christmas for them.

Agreed. Esk seems like a genuine top blue. People need to chill out, and not go after him if his tidbits of info don't come through. Who gives a monkeys?! Makes the window far more interesting & almost fun when info is shared. I'm not particularly bothered if it comes through or not, just enjoy the ride!

I'm not as pessimistic as you, given the revelation about the £80m loan, but the signs are not looking great.
Contracts extensions for 2 old players, one of whom will be 37 and still contracted, suggests we don't have money to replace them.
Leaked story to the Echo suggesting we've cooled on Gabbiadini could be forestalling questions if he's sold to someone else.
Del being pushed out.
Stories about, and manager's attitude to, Barks suggest he's available for the right price.
Lu still hasn't signed.
Even after the summer window debacle we seem to not yet have bid for Morgan unlike the mighty WBA. Perhaps we expected to sell Mcca but that's been hamstrung.
Desperately hope I'm wrong and we spend £60m+ net but I predict now, on the 1st of Jan, we'll buy Lookman, we won't buy Depay and we won't buy any £20m+ player unless we make a major sale i.e. Macca or Barks.

Forgot to tag you in my reply!

I don't mean to sound rude, but it seems your pessimism is based on 2 contracts for players with little resale value, on likely reduced terms salary wise... and paper talk / lack of transfer news despite being only 1 day into the transfer window.

At this point I see nothing other than a neutral outlook being reasonable.

Each to their own though, absolutely.

Balotelli lol.. may as well play kone...saves us 15m, 60k a week and a few headaches. madness if we did

Angst and frustration comes with following Everton, I don't like seeing us do poorly, however, I feel every supporter has the right to support the team any way they like, I don't look down my nose at them. You should try it sometime, maybe a bit of passion will help you enjoy the good times when they come.

In fairness you just said he was "a super fan" who was in his "ivory tower".....I'd stick my neck out and say that was looking down your nose at an Evertonian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back