Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

@MoutsGoat , all pretty irrelevant anyways as as long as elstone is negotiating we won't get any decent player in from abroad, can imagine him offending the hell out of everyone he speaks to with his 50p increments over four year offers.

Interesting to think who our last really good purchase from abroad actually was, I mean one who's never played in Britain before...
I'd say Arteta but he did have a short spell at Rangers previously

Apart from in that Utd game he scored the winner, he was unplayable.

Yeah he was good at a certain style of football. It was just an absolutely horrible style most of the time when he was in the team because he forces you to play that way. In fairness the start of that season was pretty good, we were playing really well with an axis of Osman and Gibson behind Fellaini Mirallas and Pienaar out wide then Jelavic up top. Classic Everton though we inexplicably lost at a shambolic West Brom side then Gibson got crocked and we had Neville for most of the first half of the season. Wasn't the same then. Still, whilst they were most definitely bottling Everton they were a world away from this group of spineless biffs.

Everton transfer windows are almost exactly like an Everton football match, pre window excitement and over confidence in the club, closely followed by a thud down to earth and the realisation that we are a bit useless at this sort of thing.

Does the transfer window prevent early talks taking place regarding player transfers? Weird that this transfer suits all parties but it's taking forever to be done.

Does the transfer window prevent early talks taking place regarding player transfers? Weird that this transfer suits all parties but it's taking forever to be done.
I've wondered this before how much talking clubs do pre window. Even if they can't have formal talks is there an element of "off the record negotiation" that goes on to get verbal agreements in principle?

There definitely seems to be an issue with us signing non-domestic based players, both in quality and quantity.

There isn't the same value to be had abroad as a few years back and I recall Wenger saying that now a club might have to make 3 or 4 bids to get one accepted but there is still value there, more so in some leagues than others.

I think we won't see the full benefits, if any, of Walshs scouting operation until next summer and beyond. If they feel an urgency to make signings (heaven forbid!) then to an extent I can see why they are buying known players from home clubs, Koemans choices.

Really hoping we have a new Pienaar with this Lookman kid. Oh how have we missed his silky skills. Him and Baines were insane together...we still have an an attacking leftback but we desperatly need a clever little player who can pick a pass and turn defence into attack with one flick of his foot. I really miss Pienaar :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back