January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fellow blue told me earlier today we'd been linked with Shaw.
We are which is crazy really with apparently conversations taking place last summer and more recently as finishing contrat in 2023. We shouldn't be talking to a left back...we need attacking players. Once those are sorted then I don't mind looking at players like Shaw for next season.

We need a kevin Campbell type signing all over again . Whether for current or new management.

Even a jelavic type bounce would do. Just to get used to actually scoring a few goals.
3 strikers at our club who will collectively be out scored by Ollie bleedin Watkins or Callum Wilson over the course of the season. Grim

All depends on how much we have to spend. If not much might have to go a bit leftfield and go for someone like Ashley Barnes as a short term fix. Least he can play uptop on his own and win headers and hold ball up.
More than likely buy some player weve never heard of who has 1 halfdecent game at world cup. My moneys on Mohammed Montari of the mighty Quatar ?

Brereton diaz not the answer to our attacking problems...on a free for sure I would take him. He is doing OK in the championship but watching Blackburn against Burnley and he is very passive player...not sure he would be much better than Maupay...we need top quality up top so maybe a loan of one of the top players from the top teams would make more sense. Someone like pulisic would be prefect...or maybe elanga from united...not playing much but has real quality going forward.
Yes didn’t do much did he on a free I’d definitely take him. That zaroury looked decent for Burnley.

Does anyone have some insight into our FFP / STCC status? This time last year, we were well and truly restricted, and only brought in Deli Ali on a free, and Van Der Beek on loan.

Surely to God we aren’t going to be that restricted this January? Our finances have improved a bit, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back