January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are down and probably OK having sold Gordon and probably kean in the summer as well as a couple of others that should keep us afloat in the championship...but looking at some of our competitors, Forest, Bournemouth and Southampton have spent a lot of money...at least 2 of those will accompany us to the championship...they better have a plan b
Those teams that go down will also end up selling a fair few too…

Well there may have been a particular player or players but if they weren’t available no point just buying rubbish for the sake of it. Arsenal wanted that Brighton player but they did t want to sell, what can you do if the club or players don’t want to leave.
Had a month mate. A full six weeks off in nov/dec as well to have some plans in place.

Plenty of decent players that would have improved is were available. Couple of them went to Bournemouth and Southampton.

If as a director of football you can’t find players to improve this squad we have - then you’re probably in the wrong job. I’m sure thelwell was hamstrung - and I’m sure we are in a financial hole. But once that Gordon sale was approved there were no excuses not to get a couple in.

There is some dross out there a lot of these players bought today probably won’t offer much to the teams that bought them, some will but a lot will just move on unnoticed within 6 month to a year. It’s no point buying players just because they are available we’ve done that many time in the past and that why we are in the position we are in, we need the right players from now on we can’t afford to get that wrong and if they aren’t available what can we do?
Did you feel the same when we started the season without a striker? This manager often likes to play two and we’ve got DCL, maupay and simms . I mean on a good day that’s hardly going to scare anyone but factor in an injury . How about wide players , are you happy with our threat from out there ? Confident our squad couldn’t do with a little strengthening?

Fair enough that only bottom placed Everton saw through this colossal waste of money that all the other sides have stupidly fallen for and have decided to risk our clubs future on McNeill , gray and injured Townsend to create our chances .

Our sole hope now is that Frank Lampard was actually the worst manager in the history of managers and that Sean Dyche - purely by being semi competent will get a tune out of these players…

Having watched them. I wasnt see good players badly managed. I just wasnt seeing good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.