2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
27 year old James Maddison, freshly relegated, went for £40m. Some of our fans would’ve been writing off anything over £10m for him if he played for us and we’d just been relegated. Complete surrender monkey, defeatist, wet wipe mentality all over our fanbase. Just happy to let anyone and everyone walk all over us. Same with the “we aren’t getting any points back lads might as well suck it up and get on with it” crowd. Hope whoever ends up buying us culls this pathetic mentality throughout the club.
To be fair, £40m was far too cheap for Maddison considering Grealish and Rice went for £100m each

Im not saying that wont be the case, im saying we should query why it should be the case and not just accept it mate.
We are borrowing money just to run the club on a day to day basis, the club makes no profit because we have such high outgoings in a variety of areas (wages, loans, interest, etc, etc) It's why the prospect of potential signings such as Brownhill and Harrison (on a permanent) make no financial sense for us. Both will be near 28 by the start of next season, It's prime age for a footballer so it will be 3-4 year contracts and by the time those contracts are finished we will make little back from them. We need to focus more on the Branthwaites of this world so that we can rebuild the coffers and make peace with FFP. At the end of the day we are a skint club trying to operate at the top table and I don't think 777 are going to change that. I agree it's frustrating but it's just how it is sadly.

We are borrowing money just to run the club on a day to day basis, the club makes no profit because we have such high outgoings in a variety of areas (wages, loans, interest, etc, etc) It's why the prospect of potential signings such as Brownhill and Harrison (on a permanent) make no financial sense for us. Both will be near 28 by the start of next season, It's prime age for a footballer so it will be 3-4 year contracts and by the time those contracts are finished we will make little back from them. We need to focus more on the Branthwaites of this world so that we can rebuild the coffers and make peace with FFP. At the end of the day we are a skint club trying to operate at the top table and I don't think 777 are going to change that. I agree it's frustrating but it's just how it is sadly.

The club earns close to £200 mill a year, it’s brought almost the same in, in transfer fees in a year, before you count a significantly reduced squad and thus wage bill.

Im not discounting anything you say. What im saying it’s important to ask the question, why as a fan base to we just accept that we need money and need to surrender and just accept selling plsyers cheaply, weve been condititioned into just being resigned to it - why? when there has been close to £400 mill running through the till of the club in an almost calendar a year and further capital, through loans.

In that context and after loosing Richarlison, Gordon, Kean, Gray, Iwobi and more, why do we just accept we need to sell more players - I’m not saying we don’t need to - but I want to know why, where the money is going, I’m not just going to blindly accept it - seems everyone is saying we need the money - maybe we do - but why - when we’ve raised so much - I want to know how we are spending the money we’ve already raised, it’s significant.

Im just not going to blindly accept we need to sell Branthwaite without asking questions. Its better if we keep him for three years as an investment.

Last edited:
The club earns close to £200 mill a year, it’s brought almost the same in, in transfer fees in a year, before you count a significantly reduced squad and thus wage bill.

Im not discounting anything you say. What im saying it’s important to ask the question, why as a fan base to we just accept that we need money - why when there has been close to £400 mill running through the till of the club in an almost calendar a year and further capital, through loans.

In that context and after loosing Richarlison, Gordon, Kean, Gray, Iwobi and more, why do we just accept we need to sell more players - I’m not saying we don’t need to - but I want to know why, where the money is going, I’m not just going to blindly accept it - seems everyone is saying we need the money - maybe we do - but why - when we’ve raised so much - I want to know how we are spending the money we’ve already raised, it’s significant.

Im just not going to blindly accept we need to sell Branthwaite without asking questions. Its better if we keep him for three years as an investment.
skysports-everton-stadium_5433717.jpg

Have you heard of Bramley Moore?

So £500 mill in external debt through RM, MSP, 777. 400 mill in other revenue, in the last year. Not forgetting that Moshiri funded £150-200 mill of the ground.

Thus we need to sell Branthwaite or other for that matter for a tenner, no questions asked, no.

So £500 mill in external debt through RM, MSP, 777. 400 mill in other revenue, in the last year. Not forgetting that Moshiri funded £150-200 mill of the ground.

Thus we need to sell Branthwaite for a tenner.
How much do you think a debt of 500m costs to service each year mate?

But your desire for clarity can be found in the accounts we publish each year.

Im not discounting anything you say. What im saying it’s important to ask the question, why as a fan base to we just accept that we need money and need to surrender and just accept selling plsyers cheaply, weve just been condititioned into just being resigned to it - why? when there has been close to £400 mill running through the till of the club in an almost calendar a year and further capital, through loans.

Of that £200m nearly half of it is just first team wages (will look much better in the summer) We need the money as we are pathetic in every aspect of everything we do, whether that's transfers, sponsorship deals, merchandising all sorts, we simply don't make any money as a business. We owe various loans, interest on those loans and we have a new stadium on top of it. We might have raised a bit of money but compared to the outgoings it's peanuts tbh.

Of that £200m nearly half of it is just first team wages (will look much better in the summer) We need the money as we are pathetic in every aspect of everything we do, whether that's transfers, sponsorship deals, merchandising all sorts, we simply don't make any money as a business. We owe various loans, interest on those loans and we have a new stadium on top of it. We might have raised a bit of money but compared to the outgoings it's peanuts tbh.
Yeah right, we wish it was only half on wages.

333333333.webp

More red than a Liverpool kit.

But none of that adds up to close to £400 million annually at the club, which is close to what went through the tills. £500 mill in external debt for the ground raised, 150 - 200 mill funded by Moshiri.

If we take at the higher end that the stadium, is 750, mill, interest at 20%, 100 mill, we’re still hitting about 180-200 mill in turnover for operating costs, which well covers wages/amortisation.

Again - we seem to need revenue - at whst point though do we ask the question, where is ground zero and when do we stop selling our best players and accept that we have to unquestioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back