2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, Harry Maguire moved for 80m 5 years ago and its still a world record fee for a Defender.

Nobody is ever breaking Neymars world record fee.
True but it has plateaued a bit in the last 5 years, before that it felt like fees were going up by about 20% every summer, especially since 2013ish

True but it has plateaued a bit in the last 5 years, before that it felt like fees were going up by about 20% every summer, especially since 2013ish
I imagine theres a LOT of clubs, especially in the PL that will struggle to spend this Summer.

I mean clearly not the top 6, cos you know reasons, but I will be shocked if theres many 100m+ deals this window.

But hey, it only takes 1 big transfer to kick start the madness.

Reactions: FTY

I hope you are right, but why are we taking out loans left right and centre to cover costs to run the club and finish the stadium.

So do i.

This is my logic mate. No matter how incompetent we are we dont stumble from one financial year to another. We objectively look at what our outgoings will be and how we maybe raise capital if required. This is done 12 months if not more in advance.

There is absolutely no way would we have banked on Branthwaite, being possibly worth 80 million from last summer to this. It was last summer the equivalent of saying, that Chermetti now will be be worth 80 next summer. Because we wouldn't have planned for it. Thus we should have a contingency in place, whether thats selling Onana or DCL or whoever. If we sell Brathwaite its the lazy and self serving option and gets our owner of the hook, in my opinion.

That's my logic, if we passively accept we have to sell him, we are colluding with this dysfunctional owner. Because there is no way we predicated hitting the jackpot with him in our financial planning for this year - he's a bonus.

So do i.

This is my logic mate. No matter how incompetent we are we don't stumble from one financial year to another. We objectively look at what our outgoings will be and how we maybe raise capital if required. This is done 12 months if not more in advance.

There is absolutely no way would we have banked on Branthwaite, being possibly worth 80 million from last summer to this. It was last summer the equivalent of saying, that Chermetti now will be be worth 80 next summer. Because we wouldn't have planned for it. Thus we should have a contingency in place, whether that's selling Onana or DCL or whoever. If we sell Brathwaite its the lazy and self serving option and gets our owner of the hook, in my opinion.

That's my logic, if we passively accept we have to sell him, we are colluding with this dysfunctional owner. Because there is no way we predicated hitting the jackpot with him in our financial planning for this year - he's a bonus.
What evidence do you have for that opinion?

So do i.

This is my logic mate. No matter how incompetent we are we dont stumble from one financial year to another. We objectively look at what our outgoings will be and how we maybe raise capital if required. This is done 12 months if not more in advance.

There is absolutely no way would we have banked on Branthwaite, being possibly worth 80 million from last summer to this. It was last summer the equivalent of saying, that Chermetti now will be be worth 80 next summer. Because we wouldn't have planned for it. Thus we should have a contingency in place, whether thats selling Onana or DCL or whoever. If we sell Brathwaite its the lazy and self serving option and gets our owner of the hook, in my opinion.

Its pretty obvious that you're wrong on this because we've failed to meet our PSR requirements for the past 2 years and we're taking out loans to pay the bills I don't really understand how you can see those things happening and still come to the conclusion that theres a proper financial plan in place the club is winging it the same way as people do in everyday life they're just generating money however they can and using it for what they need to use it for its that simple.

Putting a low figure out is all designed to placate the fans for when we accept 75 or whatever.

We shouldn't even sell him though. At least hold out till after the Euros and if Southgate picks him you might take 100 mill if offered.

What evidence do you have for that opinion?

We have a CFO - the role of a CFO includes advanced financial planning, he has 20 on his team. The role as we know supports the club in its requirement to make financial projections periodically during the financial year to the PL.

Last edited:
Fair enough but long before 777 came on the scene there were other more interested parties who had proved to the premier league they had a lot more than the 1.1 £Billion needed to show they could run the club, they are still interested now and will be in the running to buy the club after the 31st. May deadline for 777 runs out, so wait and see on that one.
They can't have been that interested if they were hanging around while 777 tried to nickel and dime their way to ownership.

Who were these parties who were proving their finances to the PL before agreeing to buy the club? I'd have thought there would have been some announcement of a potential sale if they were far enough down the road to enter into showing the PL their credentials. Seems a little out of sequence to me.

Believe the people who are close to the club, they are not trying to sell a story or make one up they know the score.For anyone with plenty of money and patience they know they will make a profit, a huge profit, by buying EvertonFC.

Just need to weather the storm for 12months.

Just that mate, a club our size shouldn't sell their best players anyway on principal - if you act like a bottom feeder you will be treated like one. Our position such as it is with players like Branthwaite we need to keep them for 3 years, min two - as starters or we will be in this hole forever.

You need to manage investments correctly to reap the rewards.

For all we know, Chermiti has overtaken Beto as the 2nd choice CF.

Clearly a very different type of player to DCL or Beto and you can see he's got the natural technique that you'd expect from a Sporting Lisbon player.

For all we know he could continue improving and suddenly provide serious competition to DCL by the end of next season.

Things in football can change very quickly

Putting a low figure out is all designed to placate the fans for when we accept 75 or whatever.

We shouldn't even sell him though. At least hold out till after the Euros and if Southgate picks him you might take 100 mill if offered.
We will have to sell someone before June 30th so we may not really have a choice. Teams know our financial situation so we are unlikely to get anyone’s true valuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back