2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes…but this player is a different level. Any fool can see this. He will end up at real…
But that’s up to him that’s the point! Everton aren’t making that decision for him they’re just deciding how much money will make them sell and if united are the only ones paying it’s up to branthwaite if he wants to go. I can see why he would myself.

I will wait and see how this plays out.
I will be very surprised if the only club chasing Branthwaite is Utd..
I think we will see stories like this all summer about our players, the media just love bad news Everton stories.
Jake O Brien at Lyon would be a decent replacement imo.

But none of that is relevant to want I’m saying which is they’re a big step up from us! If Real Madrid and city and all them were in for him and he chose united then I’d say that’s a bit of a strange choice but the reports are that united are the biggest club in for him so it wouldn’t be weird at all for him to want to go there because whatever problems they’ve got are nothing compared to us.
My point is in terms of career progression and development joining Utd at this time wouldn't necessarily be a great move. Mason Mount can attest to that.

I guess it depends who else they sign.

Let's see how it works out for him.

My point is in terms of career progression and development joining Utd at this time wouldn't necessarily be a great move. Mason Mount can attest to that.

I guess it depends who else they sign.

Let's see how it works out for him.
Nothing is necessarily a great move is it it’s all decided in hindsight. It’s a step forward from here that’s undeniable and if he’s good enough to do better in future then he will it’s not like this is his only chance if he goes there and they’re crap but he’s good he can move again.

Well if that’s the decision he wants to make he can make it can’t he. Fact is if he was playing for united this season he’d have played in the champions league and won a trophy and he probably wouldn’t get that in his whole career here it’s a massive step forward and trying to say it’s not is just lying to yourself. I think we’ve finished above them once in 30 odd years and that won’t be changing in the near future.
We finished a whopping 3 league places behind them without the 8 points coming off.

Fear he goes. Says everything about the state of this club that we can't hold onto a key developing player for at least two seasons. We have sold sixty million worth of talent last summer and probably 120m will go this summer in Branth and Onana. We can't keep doing this.

I can see he's going to the top but even Van Dijk went for only 75 million. He's not going to walk into United and have the same impact he had. John Srones was obviously going to the very top and we only got 50 for him
Van Dyyk was 6 years ago , Stones 8 years ago. Huge fees then.

This is the day & age of UTD paying 100mil for Anthony.

They paid 80mil for Maguire 5 years ago.

Heard it all before, how many times has the club been in this position and try to take this “we are defiant” stance. Maybe I’m wrong saying this, even now they think you’re daft .

This lad is still learning but you can tell he has the potential to be a spine of the team player and we have lost too many of these in the past before they achieved anything here in terms of success.

All clubs sell players but the trouble with us is particularly in the Prem era, players move on to win things because the odds are stacked against it that being a reality here.

Sick of it to be honest. Whoever takes over here I really hope they can make a significant difference across the club because this sort of thing has gone on far too long.

Would prefer to see him at City or Real Madrid but hey-ho, if we sell him for the figures speculated he's aided the survival of our club. He's also had a cracking apprenticeship alongside Tarkowski.

The only possible positive as he will be a generational defender this kid is that we are selling early in the window. That's the only positive as we can't replace what he brought. We have to hope the DOF and manager have a list of players to go after once he and Onana are sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back