2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dose of realism is needed here!

The club is in hundreds of millions of debt and terrified of PSR penalties and funding the new stadium. He will be sold for 70 million. Don't expect much reinvestment from this. Dyche will replace him with a 'free' and do his job of getting us over the line, once again, next season.

I dont profess to know how much we are over PSR but i doubt it would be worse than the last one. I mean we ve spent next to nothing in the last few years. I doubt we would get worse than 4 points. Frankly i d take that any day to keep Branthwaite! How much are we saving on wages on the likes of Allen? Does the savings on Gomes and Dele s wages come into this. Not sure on that cos their contracts probably expire on the PSR date. We have others we could sell on the cheap like Godfrey and Keane. I d sell Dobbin, Garner or even Onana for what we paid to keep Jarred. Hopefully any takeover can transform us and we may not ever have to sell him. Somehow we kept hold of Baines and Pickford so who s to say Branthwaite wouldnt if we can progress. Slippy was relegating Villa now they are in the Champions League. Moyes showed that you can challenge near the top with a nett spend of £5 million a year.

I dont profess to know how much we are over PSR but i doubt it would be worse than the last one. I mean we ve spent next to nothing in the last few years. I doubt we would get worse than 4 points. Frankly i d take that any day to keep Branthwaite! How much are we saving on wages on the likes of Allen? Does the savings on Gomes and Dele s wages come into this. Not sure on that cos their contracts probably expire on the PSR date. We have others we could sell on the cheap like Godfrey and Keane. I d sell Dobbin, Garner or even Onana for what we paid to keep Jarred. Hopefully any takeover can transform us and we may not ever have to sell him. Somehow we kept hold of Baines and Pickford so who s to say Branthwaite wouldnt if we can progress. Slippy was relegating Villa now they are in the Champions League. Moyes showed that you can challenge near the top with a nett spend of £5 million a year.
Yep me too, keep Branthwaite for at least a season, cosy up to the PL with a “ look we’re doing our best, we’re selling not buying “ , fight any points reduction, try to get it down to 2 points, live with 4 , start afresh with new owners.

A dose of realism is needed here!

The club is in hundreds of millions of debt and terrified of PSR penalties and funding the new stadium. He will be sold for 70 million. Don't expect much reinvestment from this. Dyche will replace him with a 'free' and do his job of getting us over the line, once again, next season.

United are in billions of debt. Shows what a farce the PSR rules are.

United are in billions of debt. Shows what a farce the PSR rules are.
I doubt they're 'billions' as in the plural.

Financial rules are about sustainability. Man Utd's debt is probably entirely sustainable given their income and cash reserve so therefore not a hindrance. Everton's debt appears less sustainable without an improvement in incomings.

Pretty much every single business and indeed the majority of homeowners are 'in debt' to some degree.

I don't really understand the desire to keep him for one more year because I don't see what difference it makes doing that. I could get it with Stones and Lukaku when it was saying give us one more year and you might change your mind and stay but I don't see the benefit in just getting one more year and then him definitely going anyway.

This logic is so flawed. McGuire is not worth £85m. Far better defenders have sold for far less than that since then.

You can’t just cherry pick a meme tier transfer that was notoriously bad value for money and say “that’s the new standard”.

Football team : we offer £70m
Everton : McGuire went for £85m
Football team: great point mate, here’s £100m
He is 21 years of age 2 footed. This guy in 2/3 years will be a £150 mil player

I don't really understand the desire to keep him for one more year because I don't see what difference it makes doing that. I could get it with Stones and Lukaku when it was saying give us one more year and you might change your mind and stay but I don't see the benefit in just getting one more year and then him definitely going anyway.

You don’t see the benefit of getting another season out of him? What?

He played a huge role in us staying up and presumably will need to do again

stability for me

in an unstable environment, at least we could say defense is sorted for one more year while we attend to other issues in the market.

How about get rid of the dross keep the best and build from there.We' ve been selling our best for years to rebuild and got nowhere. I'm sick of this ..but that's Everton for ya .Forever mediocrity.
Probably because nobody else wants dross for any decent money? Look how hard we have found it recently to shift players like Gomes, Holgate etc. Nobody wanted them until they left on loan or a free.

It's not mediocrity, it's being a sensible club with a sensible business model. We shouldn't be afraid of losing players, we should design the club that if we do end up losing players it's for good money and we reinvest it back into the club for a better long term future of the club.

Helps us into a new stadium still in the Premier League maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back