2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
A normal fee for a promising young CB is around 40m.

We arent interested in a normal fee, cos hes an exceptional talent.

That mattus de ligit ( I know is have butchered his name there) went for like 90m from Ajax didn’t he to juve.

I have never seen him play, is brathwaite a better talent than he was?

The last Cb I have seen with as much talent as Branthwaite are Terry, Ferdinand , stones and they all ended up being legends of the PL and winning multiple titles .

We will probably sell for 50-60m but that will be us having our pants pulled down and I’m going to hate it

People dreaming about him staying its not happening whether we sell Onana, Pickford and DCL, Branthwaite will also be off. 1st of all we can’t offer the wages he will get elsewhere add to that whether we sell we will still cash in on what will mostly all be profit from his sale, we aren’t in a position to keep him although another season here wouldn’t do him any harm we’re still in a steady the ship transition which we will probably remain in for another couple of seasons. Hopefully a takeover gives us some kind of plan of action moving forward but unfortunately that will be without Branthwaite.
100k a week wages to keep him i don’t think is out of the question. hopefully arsenal offer silly money for onana and the FFP is sorted and we move on under our new ownership

if we get a new owner in the imminent future it will be bad optics for the fanbase if the first thing they do is sell our prized asset below market value. If the new owner converts the debt into shares, surely this eliminates the interest payments on those loans and frees up PSR?

Remember when we just used to talk about players and how good they are??
Problem is that would have no effect on the 2023/24 accounts which are likely to be close to breaching hence the talk of having to sell before June 30th.

It feels like transfer fees are reducing. Some clever chaps on here - anyone have any trending / benchmarking on average defender fees over the past 12 months compared to comparison periods before?

The word is that Man United can’t afford any more due to FFP. If no one is spending then it’s a whole different conversation.

United are desperate to get him now because they know we have issues with PSR compliance and if the takeover goes through we shouldn't be in such a desperate position moving forward. If they don't manage to secure him on the cheap this summer then they won't be able to afford him.

One more year in the Prem with stats as impressive as last season and he'll be in the England squad and his value will have increased further.

I'd take the risk on the points deduction personally if no-one is prepared to meet our valuation. Especially with the derisory offer United have submitted.

Unless a Saudi team come in for Casemiro then nobody will pay his salary leaving United on the hook for over £36 million over the next 2 years. Good luck with that!
I get the feeling that the Saudis will over pay for him .. Apparently Ronaldo wants him

Unless that PSR shortfall is over sixty million then don't sell especially cut price. We should be able to move Onana, Maupay, Godfrey a few others if we really need the funds. Then sit tight, he will be worth alot more next summer. If a Real or City or Chelsea throw 70-80m at us before the end of the window that's another question. But selling cut price before the end of this month would be horrendous.

It feels like transfer fees are reducing. Some clever chaps on here - anyone have any trending / benchmarking on average defender fees over the past 12 months compared to comparison periods before?

The word is that Man United can’t afford any more due to FFP. If no one is spending then it’s a whole different conversation.
Feels like but are they? Olise is being touted at 60/70m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back