2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see they've done the same thing for a player at Barcelona. They signed him for £50 million last season and United have offered £25 million :D
I remember them offering a pittance in a double swoop for Fellaini and Baines and ended up giving us more than that combined offer just for Screech.
It's all a game, other clubs will be watching the situation and keeping their cards close to their chest seeing how the United bid unfolds.
Let's see who blinks first.

I think there's a chance that JB's alright with staying as long as the club doesn't refuse to entertain a potential transfer. If Utd. came to us and we told them to do one, it would probably rub him the wrong way, but if we went back to JB and said "Utd. isn't meeting our valuation for you." then at least it shows that the club's willing to cooperate.

Might explain how he's been approached by them for personal terms without too much of a push for the completion of the transfer.

If personal terms have been agreed as has been widely reported then according to the PL rules they must have our written consent to speak to him (and that includes approaching his agent).

If not we should push for punishment. Can’t apply one rule such as p&s but not another when it suits.

No club goes after tapping up anymore.

SSN:

Everton value Jarrad Branthwaite at more than the £60-70m figure which has been widely reported, Sky Sports News understands.

They see the 21-year-old in a similar transfer bracket to Josko Gvardiol, Harry Maguire and Wesley Fofana - all of whom were sold for higher fees in recent windows.

Everton naturally regard the defender as a key player and intend to keep him in this window, having rejected Man Utd's opening bid of around £35m plus add-ons.

Toffees director of football Kevin Thelwell admitted last month that players will be sold this summer as Everton attempt to improve their financial condition from a PSR perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back