Confirmed Signing Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is he at keeping hold of the ball? ie taking a pass with opposition players around him and maintaining possession.
Pretty good honestly. First touch is decent and his ball control, dribbling is really good. He can actually go by people, but that's not his game. He's just strong, man. He can hold people off. Even if he loses it a bit, you aren't going to just take it off him. You better be able to fend him off because he's going to put a shoulder in you. He's also had lots of practice from his team being crap at keeping the ball.

My concerns about him are more on the defensive end. He's good, but playing DM in the PL in a better team is different than at Mainz and he played more CM than DM last year I think. Silva can help. You see him moving his head around a bit and being active, but to understand angles, how to track players, how to support wide attacking fullback, especially when Gomes is not a very good defensive player - ok at pressing, but not at defending in our own half, that's more difficult and requires experience. That will take him a bit of time. Hopefully his physical attributes will make up for any initial positional challenges. But he is a natural there, it's not like he's clueless or irresponsible like a lot guys that are stuck in those positions because they can distribute.

Any truth in this?

Apparently sources are further backtracking on how much was paid, now Im seeing 25 million euros. I think Mainz is eager to get this one closed, because every day that goes by without him completing his medical, they lose a couple million to Brands successfully renegotiating the price, and they cant take it any more.

Correct about Siggy
His goals and assists make him untouchable at the minute.
There is a video on here somewhere and the amount of chances he created for Walcott and DCL that they missed is unreal.
With a good striker in front of him and 2 wingers that can finish his figures cold be unreal
He's a good player but when he isn't producing he can be a bit anonymous. You need to have options of formation when it isn't working is all I would say.

Apparently sources are further backtracking on how much was paid, now Im seeing 25 million euros. I think Mainz is eager to get this one closed, because every day that goes by without him completing his medical, they lose a couple million to Brands successfully renegotiating the price, and they cant take it any more.

...I saw €27m quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back