2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are just being cautious because he was named on the bench just last week against Burnley so if he has a niggle, rest him up and look at the long game we are only 5 games into the season why rush back.

We are frustrated and he will be but instead of chastising him, let's support him and his recovery
Ridiculous application of logic, it’s wholly uncalled for.

His leg must have exploded in a training ground tackle, as if he had stood on a land mine.

He’ll fail a fitness test for the next paralympic squad.

Nobody will be monitoring his fitness levels apart from the blind caretaker at Finch Farm who he shares his locker with.

We are loaded, so can’t be arsed rehabilitating a potential key squad player who suffered a career threatening injury in a way that gives him the best chance to achieve his potential.

Time will tell. If he ain’t in the crimbo panto vid, it was deffo the land mine planted by the Colombian narcos.

I’ll get crucified for this but another one that needs to be shipped. His injury record is poor and it’s clear he won’t be getting a good run of games.

I do feel for the lad. I’m sure he’s desperate to stay fit and play. He’ll have a lot of family back in Ivory Coast wanting to watch him.

he's had some of the worst luck going

that being said, we can never think he's going to be the player we bought or relied on now, unfortunately. What a a waste, and it's all come from dreadful management by Silva and our medical department completely cocking up that initial injury treatment.

he's had some of the worst luck going

that being said, we can never think he's going to be the player we bought or relied on now, unfortunately. What a a waste, and it's all come from dreadful management by Silva and our medical department completely cocking up that initial injury treatment.

Perhaps, you never know. If he can stay fit but has lost a bit of his mobility he could carry on his career in defence. It’s a shame as he’s just the sort of athlete that usually thrives in this league.

Perhaps, you never know. If he can stay fit but has lost a bit of his mobility he could carry on his career in defence. It’s a shame as he’s just the sort of athlete that usually thrives in this league.
That's the thing though isn't it and, let's face it, it doesn't look like he can.

I'm all for being careful with him, but if he's done his quad again which seems to be the case then it must've almost certainly happened in training, and he just can't seem to train at any level of intensity now.

I hope that changes but we signed him as a 23-year-old and he's now just turned 26. Total prime of his career development just gone.

That's the thing though isn't it and, let's face it, it doesn't look like he can.

I'm all for being careful with him, but if he's done his quad again which seems to be the case then it must've almost certainly happened in training, and he just can't seem to train at any level of intensity now.

I hope that changes but we signed him as a 23-year-old and he's now just turned 26. Total prime of his career development just gone.

I’d argue a players prime is more like 27-30 range which he can still hit; he wasn’t so raw at 23 from what I saw at Mainz. I still have hope for him. Just wish the club would be a bit more transparent on his situation as we never know what’s going on with him.

I’d argue a players prime is more like 27-30 range which he can still hit; he wasn’t so raw at 23 from what I saw at Mainz. I still have hope for him. Just wish the club would be a bit more transparent on his situation as we never know what’s going on with him.
Physically though it's a big few years for any player. It's where you naturally build up that stamina too, especially to come and play in an intense league. Also then got to look at his contract situation etc.

Yeah, all we see is that one day he's on the bench and then the next he doesn't even get mentioned unless someone specifically asks.

I’ll get crucified for this but another one that needs to be shipped. His injury record is poor and it’s clear he won’t be getting a good run of games.
Why would you get crucified? There is no blame here - Gbamin, sadly, is unable to get on a pitch, let alone do so regularly. He will be let go, in all likelihood, when his contract runs out or if we can come to some sort of agreement to end his tenure here. We will hardly be able to offload him to another club as he is, essentially, broken. If Gbamin was an actor who was unable to turn up to play his part on set, do you think a Hollywood director would wait for him to get out of rehab and delay the film's release by three years? No, he would be replaced. Nobody is waiting around for this guy to come back. He's finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.