2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not Brands' biggest fan but how on earth have you found a way to tilt the narrative towards him here?
Think it's more what it might say about a player who wouldn't sign a contract that made drink driving ( or other matters we can't discuss) a sackable offence. And that clubs in general turn a blind eye to many of these types of behaviour.

I'm not Brands' biggest fan but how on earth have you found a way to tilt the narrative towards him here?
Most of the competent professionals that have joined the squad during the Brands era have been manager signings and not Brands signings.

When the list of questionable attitudes extends as far as Delph, Kean, Gbamin, King, Lossl, Iwobi, Gomes, Bernard, we need to look at the man bringing them in and ask why he isn't focusing on players with a professional committed attitude.

But, there's absolutely no precedent for players being sacked by clubs for scratching paintwork on another car while being over the limit. Would you expect to be fired from an office job if you were banned from driving for speeding or being slightly over the limit? Unless your job depends on you driving, then no. Any employer would be on very iffy legal ground.

I've worked in a number of places where any successful court proceedings - magistrate or crown - were sufficient cause for dismissal contractually on the grounds that an individual's behaviour had brought the institution's good name into disrepute.

But I guess we must expect lower standards from togger players.

I haven't read the article but it could be one drink or double the limit, whatever he didn't have control of the car so he must have been pretty far gone. Club couldn't do anything until the courts found him guilty,bit like our other nameless player. Hopefully we can hoof both (and that's not about finances).

That’s the thing, I’m no goody goody but getting behind the wheel after one pint is one pint too many.

Most of the competent professionals that have joined the squad during the Brands era have been manager signings and not Brands signings.

When the list of questionable attitudes extends as far as Delph, Kean, Gbamin, King, Lossl, Iwobi, Gomes, Bernard, we need to look at the man bringing them in and ask why he isn't focusing on players with a professional committed attitude.

It's a valid shout.

I'd say that as I've been saying it for a while now...

I don't think it's a stretch either. Benitez spoke about bringing in players with the right mentality/attitude recently.

Bollocks. Can't pick and choose who's a managers signing and who's a DOF's without knowing. Even so, a played caught drink-driving is not ammunition to have a go at the DOF.

This feller will go down in Everton folklore in the same category as Claus Thomsen, Brett Angel and Nyarko.

£25M shovelled into a furnace.

giphy.gif

One for Klaassen, one for Sandro, one for Cleverley, a bit of the Arteta money, one for Schneiderlin, one for Delph.....

I was wondering why there was a sudden spike in comments on this thread...

I genuinely had high hopes for him this season.

I was wondering why there was a sudden spike in comments on this thread...

I genuinely had high hopes for him this season.

This incident took place before the season started and has had no bearing on him not playing.

Indeed, he was in the squad for S'ton less than a week later

Status
Not open for further replies.