2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've worked in a number of places where any successful court proceedings - magistrate or crown - were sufficient cause for dismissal contractually on the grounds that an individual's behaviour had brought the institution's good name into disrepute.

But I guess we must expect lower standards from togger players.

I don't expect any lower standards at all.

But if you worked for an office firm that binned you off after something like this then you'd have a case mate

He basically drove hungover. It was very, very stupid. I bet hardly anybody in here can say they haven't done it.

But if you worked for an office firm that binned you off after something like this then you'd have a case mate

He basically drove hungover. It was very, very stupid. I bet hardly anybody in here can say they haven't done it.
A lot can depend on if they are wearing company clothing or the media put where they work, then employers see it as bringing their name into disrepute, media don't think of these things while ruining peoples lives. I doubt this will effect JPG like but us laymen, we'd be hoping not to go bye bye.

A lot can depend on if they are wearing company clothing or the media put where they work, then employers see it as bringing their name into disrepute, media don't think of these things while ruining peoples lives. I doubt this will effect JPG like but us laymen, we'd be hoping not to go bye bye.

I mean if he'd caused serious harm mate, absolutely. I'm sure there'll be something in the contract about that. That is serious crime.

Ultimately, this will be viewed as a 'minor offence'. One that millions of people would probably be charged with if they went around breathalysing everyone at 6am or whatever.

I'm sure most employment case lawyers etc would absolutely buzz if a company sacked someone for a small collision while DUI, or speeding. They're as bad as each other in my book, btw, just as dangerous – and I've done them both at some stage let's face it, we all have.

I mean if he'd caused serious harm mate, absolutely. I'm sure there'll be something in the contract about that. That is serious crime.

Ultimately, this will be viewed as a 'minor offence'. One that millions of people would probably be charged with if they went around breathalysing everyone at 6am or whatever.

I'm sure most employment case lawyers etc would absolutely buzz if a company sacked someone for a small collision while DUI, or speeding. They're as bad as each other in my book, btw, just as dangerous – and I've done them both at some stage let's face it, we all have.

Have we mate?

Im a good boy I'll have you know!

Never drove the day after drinking mate just not worth the hassle. I rely on my car for work so would be knackered if I copped a ban!

Fair enough, sensible!

I can't say I've done the same but only ever once or twice when I've thought afterwards - yeah, I'd probably be definitely over the limit still.

But that's the thing, the limit is - rightly obviously - low. So it can still easily be in your system even if you've had three pints which is probably standard for most people nipping to the pub or whatever. I've had three pints, been asleep for 11/12 and driven at 7:30 for work and not once would I even consider myself to be drunk, but obviously if I got breathalysed I probably would be.

Gbamin should have known better, we all should, so it's not an excuse.

I'm sure the club will have had a complete de-brief
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they have had to wait for the rubber stamp to act,but given the state of our club and modern society in general nothing will happen. The factory worker who loses his license and can't get to work by public transport gets the sack,the millionaire footballer...

I'm pointing out that contracts exist which would see the person sacked. Not arguing the merits of his case.

Not the role model for young Evertonians we'd like. As the poster you answered posted,some companies do have a morals clause. Just my opinion,but any player who refused to sign one, would tell you all you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.