Jermaine Beckford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Player Valuation: £100m
I was watching SSN today when the news that Beckford had rejected the offer of a new contract with Leeds, with one year left on his contract.

Almost immediately Jim White the anchor said "i know for a fact" that David Moyes is very intrested in Beckford and proceeded to link us with him strongly throughout the afternoon.

Anyhow anyone rate him i know Gaz thinks very highly of him?

Here's me thinking we need to be progressing. This would be an absolute dire signing.

Nah, nothing player. Good in lower league. Think he'd do well at West Brom etc...probably end up at Newcastle.

Not saying we should go for him by any means, but do you think he is has good, if not better than Anichebe?

Exactly. He scored like 30 goals this season, he's no mug.

And as someone said would he be better than Anichebe, lets take the blue tinted specs off, Anichebe is pretty naff. He had that great season where he banged them in in the UEFA cup, but his league record is godawful.

Why not have a punt on a mature player with something to prove.

Oh wait, the price. They won't give him away.

Never mind **** him. Bring on the Mout.

I know he scores goals, but doesn't he have a bit of a disciplinary record. In truth surely we shouldn't aim at higher targets if available............I still rate Tamas Priskin at Watford, young and whenever I have seen him looks a good prospect.

I know he scores goals, but doesn't he have a bit of a disciplinary record. In truth surely we shouldn't aim at higher targets if available............I still rate Tamas Priskin at Watford, young and whenever I have seen him looks a good prospect.

Yeah, he got banned for a few games for spitting at a player I think.

As for Anichebe….he'll come good, he just needs to be stepped down a peg or two. If he didn’t get injured, I think the dressing down Moyes gave him did him the world of good. He's a big baby who threw his dummy out because he wasn’t playing as a striker when it was his big chance. Moyes let him know he has to play for the team and hopefully he learnt his lesson. And anyway…he's a lot better on the right wing that Osman has been all season.

Beckford's going to cost someone £4-5million. Its Ken Bates remember, he'll want to milk the transfer for all its worth.

Hasn't there been talk of Anichebe being loaned to Cardiff to sweeten a deal for Joe Ledley? Is joe Ledley the player we need..........not convinced myself

Yeah, I do think Vic needs a loan. As for Ledley, I don’t know much about him apart from he's a slow Osman…slower than Fellaini….but saying that Pienaar's going to the African Cup of Nations next season and we don’t have any wingers.

Beckford would be a decent signing for somebody in the championship. As for the premiership? Not so sure. He'd probably end up like Earnshaw, Nugent or Zamora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back