2024/25 Jesper Lindstrom

There are some who think Lindstrom is a quality player. There are some who think Lindstrom isn't a Premier League player.

I'm somewhere in the middle. He's got ability that others in our squad don't have and he'll do a job for us this season but I don't think he'll ever be a player the opposition have to make a plan for. He'll frustrate us mostly but he'll occasionally do something that will get us off our seats.

If you are slating this player already

I hate you and you aren’t a football fan, you are just an angry douchebag.
I’m not bothered by people criticizing him. He has fluffed some EASY PEASY chances and deserves some flak. But when someone is going around asking why fans are focusing on the positives of a lad that had his 1st league game, you need to have a word with yourself.

….i’m a bit the opposite of that. Lindstrom looks a good athlete to me, his running style reminds me a bit of Beckham but I do think he runs away when behind the opposition. I don’t think he struggles to carry the ball, I think it could be a strength. I think he’ll link well with good players like Ndiaye.

He’s been wasteful in key areas. That wasn’t a difficult ball to pass square in the 2nd half but he failed. His two one-on-ones in the week surprisingly lacked technique. I always say to footy kids that goalkeepers are like ‘Father Christmas’, they leave you a little present, be it a gap down one of their sides or ultimately through their legs. He looks composed enough, I’m more of a view he’s not up to speed.

Interesting mate seems I’m in the minority, I’d qualify my opinion by saying I’m thinking of him as a 20-30 mill pound footballer, rather then a lad showing signs of “something” breaking though. I’m very open minded on him and being wrong here and hope I am.

Leaning toward more of a Bernard, Billyetdinov- actually thought he needed to come of when he did as he looked goosed.

Just my take.

Not everyone has to be an ox like Doucoure mate.

Erekson, Modric and many other tore up this league without being physical

About being a bit off, yup I agree, but the lad played less than 200 minutes of league footy last season. I'd expect both rust and lack of confidence.

I likened him to Gordon mate, and we saw the result of once it clicked at Newcastle for that lad

I’m listening the lads like yourself and Eggs mate, whose opinion I’d respect, I’m open minded on him and being wrong and hope I am.

Interesting the Gordon comparison, was one of his few supporters on here - I’m going* to stay on the fence about him, haven’t been as impressed it seems as the majority, if im missing something - no one will be happier then me,

He's the fastest player in the squad at this point, surely? Had they left back off a few times in a foot race.

Very rusty though, some Barkley/Gordon levels of decision making combined with Geri paper lungs, and of course "he's not a winger", but I'd be happy to see more of him over Harrison, McNeil on the right, Garner or Young God help us

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back