Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, in order to improve the team, we are gonna need to offer that type of wages.

We don't at all. Brighton don't. Wolves done. West Ham have just started it based on getting into Europe.

We were relegation fodder all of last season. We need to build a good side before we start throwing £100k a week at basically what should be an icing on the cake type of player...not the cake

Not if we scout well and bring from other leagues and aim for players who are up and coming, not over the hill wastrels who think they are a better player than they actually are.

This is Everton we are talking about. The same club that spent over £70m on 3 players of the same calibre and let two of them go for free.

If they had any scouts or any idea of the type of player we need. They should of been all over Kamara that Villa have just signed.

We don't at all. Brighton don't. Wolves done. West Ham have just started it based on getting into Europe.

We were relegation fodder all of last season. We need to build a good side before we start throwing £100k a week at basically what should be an icing on the cake type of player...not the cake

Let me re-phrase that, I agree on the wages, we shouldn’t be offering that type of money at all, especially the position we are in. But sadly, that type of player, demands that type of money. And he’s a player that would improve us.

We’ve got no money to spend to build a good team though. Our squad is far to slow, out balanced and lack energy or passion. In order for us to grow and build a great team, we need a plan like the clubs you’ve mentioned above. Them clubs have built up over time and been ran really well. We haven’t. We’ve got an owner and a fan base desperate for success, and neither have the patience for a slow re-build.

Paying average player's 100k + a week is what has created the disaster we are in.

There are some very good young hungry players with their best years ahead of the who will accept 50-75k.

Agreed on the wages. The problem is, who are these very good hungry players we can sign on a shoe string budget?

We are in a mess financially is not because of the wages we’ve paid, it’s the recruitment that has been poor. The fact we’ve signed players on huge fees and let them go for free hasn’t helped with financial fair play.

Richarlison is the only player we’ve bought in the last 5 years, we’ve sold for profit, who was the last one before that? Lukaku? He’s on his 4th move in that time frame of leaving us.

This. Why are middle aged men outraged by a younger man, from a different background being interested in social media? To get to being a professional footballer at all you need loads of application and sacrifice.
Dancing, Tik Tok, fashion: sound. Would you prefer them to spending the afternoon in the pub gambling? Probably not.
It’s boring being a professional footballer outside of matches and a laugh in the changing rooms. They need something to do which doesn’t ruin their bodies.
The nonsense spouted about Dom etc etc does my head in.
Lingard, I think he’d improve our team loads. If he isn’t going to destroy the dressing room then I’d sign him tomorrow.

Sorry but disagree about professional footballers having a boring lifestyle outside of playing and training. I done my apprenticeship with a former professional footballer, who played in the lower leagues, his lifestyle wasn’t boring in the least.

But do agree what they get up to outside of football is there own business. Look at the outrage Dom gets when he has a bad game? Lingard will get it twice so bad.

This seems an obligation with near every link but if the board are looking

STOP PURSUING PLAYERS YOU WONT BE ABLE TO SELL ON FOR A PROFIT.

Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

How would you not be able to sell on a free transfer for a profit ?
Bernard case and point. If you think his wage bill didn't effect potential on other deals during his Everton tenure I would disagree. Lingard, by the fact he has been at a larger club is close to exiting his prime, who is coming in two years willing to pay a sum for a 31 year old?

People act as if a free inherently offers resources for other deals. All while we have a squad that are unmovable mainly because of their inflated wages, which because we cant sell effects the ability for transfers. This kind of deal is symptomatic to why we are a mess.

Last edited:
Bernard case and point. If you think his wage bill didn't effect potential on other deals during his Everton tenure I would disagree. Lingard, by the fact he has been at a larger club is close to exiting his prime, who is coming in two years willing to pay a sum for a 31 year old?

People act as if a free inhibits or inherently offers resources for other deals. All while we have a squad that are unmovable mainly because of their inflated wages, which because we cant sell effects the ability for transfers. This kind of deal is symptomatic to why we are a mess.
It is not just wages there will be a huge signing fee. It really is not a free. Then what happens if Gordon’s end product arrives next season. His team will demand parity with Lingard. This only works if you the player is head and shoulders above the rest and anybody else who is likely to be signed. Like a Messi or perhaps Totti at Roma.

I hope all clubs interested hold firm

Status
Not open for further replies.