Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think there is anything between him and The Stek really. Who do you expect for a back-up keeper? Neuer probably.

I like Stekky, but I'll hold my hands up and admit that Robles is better

I've been saying for two years or so now that I thought Robles was decent back up but not good enough to start week in and out at a team with top of the table ambitions. I stand by that

Now whether Pickford can is yet to be seen, but having Robles as a competent back up is a wise move in my eyes and I hope the club retains him

We have 3 keepers. Obviously we need to sell one. Pickford is going to start week in, week out so it's just who sits on the bench.

Both of the others are good enough for that so it just comes down to who's willing to stay, how much we're paying them and how much we can get by selling.

I have no preference, myself. If Joel wants to leave and stek doesn't that's fine by me.

We have 3 keepers. Obviously we need to sell one. Pickford is going to start week in, week out so it's just who sits on the bench.

Both of the others are good enough for that so it just comes down to who's willing to stay, how much we're paying them and how much we can get by selling.

I have no preference, myself. If Joel wants to leave and stek doesn't that's fine by me.

but koeman says he wants 3. I'd prefer 3 myself tbh, just in case another iain turner situation happens as i haven't heard anything about hewellt being too highly rated. Ideally we wouldn't have to worry about that this summer, but hey, if we got an offer say of £7m for robles, it'd probably be worth taking it given his contract situation. Some players are worth keeping on for such a small fee, but a sub keeper is hardly ever going to play ideally so in this case it'd probably be better to accept.

Maybe we'll get a 3rd keeper in jan instead, a very good backup hopefully, we've got enough work to do this summer as it is ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back