Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Joey Barton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is he the whirlwind of premiership football then????Hes nothing but a good bargain and squad player. The sooner hes out of the first 11 the better chance we have of competing for the top 6. He wouldn't get near the top 6 sides first 11....nowhere near. If you guys are happy with 7th and below finishes so be it...but I gurantee now that if Moyes could sign anyone it would be a right sided midfielder. And coleman certasinly wouldn't get the right back position because he is a liability in defence. His positional sense is shocking along with his tackling. He has pace to beat a man and thats it. Once hes past the last man his distribution is pants!

That's a post of HalewoodBlue proportions.

That's a post of HalewoodBlue proportions.

So you think Coleman is going to take us into the champions league? and we don't need to look for players at either rightback or right midfield because we have coleman. Deluded.

So you think Coleman is going to take us into the champions league? and we don't need to look for players at either rightback or right midfield because we have coleman. Deluded.

Right midfield yes. We need a winger.

But don't apply Davek like generalisations to my comments to fit an agenda.

And don't be dissing Seamus in a Halewood Blue style either. He made himself look a divy. You will too.

Right midfield yes. We need a winger.

But don't apply Davek like generalisations to my comments to fit an agenda.

And don't be dissing Seamus in a Halewood Blue style either. He made himself look a divy. You will too.

No mate, the only divvy's are the lads who think Coleman can take us into any place above 7th. As I've said if you lot are happy with mediocrity.....keep blowing seamus coleman. Good buy for 60k, squad player only though, if you want to win something or actually compete in the premiership.....then he needs to sit out. Some fans see abit of pace and someone who can beat a man and we have the next messi. Without looking at his other attributes

Regarding Barton.

He could come to Everton indeed it might actually help his rehabilitation. I'm thinking him being forced to be involved in Everton in the Community.

But if he started any of his past misbehaviour here I hope Moyes would literally push him out the door.

No mate, the only divvy's are the lads who think Coleman can take us into any place above 7th. As I've said if you lot are happy with mediocrity.....keep blowing seamus coleman. Good buy for 60k, squad player only if you wnat to win something or actually compete in the premiership.

I've heard the same said of Osman time and again. How many points was he responsible for getting Everton last season?

I take no truck with people saying "SQUAD PLAYER" and things like that. It usually suggests self loathing on their part.

Coleman's an excellent footballer. And I mean a truly excellent footballer. Perfect ? No.

One man doesn't make a team. But he's defo welcome in ours.

If that's delusional, you really need to get out more.

Coleman Pace past the first man then a headless chicken there after....I'd have Barton over Coleman anyday in this current squad. Maybe if Coleman improves somewhat drastically over the next season or so Il reconsider. But starting 11 certainly not..Unless we are just looking for premiership survival!

So you think Coleman is going to take us into the champions league?. Deluded

Very much so ^

Coleman is a good young player though, handy to have in a few years when he comes good and we flog him to United.

Very much so ^

Coleman is a good young player though, handy to have in a few years when he comes good and we flog him to United.

At his current ability we would get wasted in the champions league with him in the side. I know a few years back now BUT at Benfica in europa he got absolutely destroyed. He was a little boy at that level. Where as Bale, Wiltshire etc are holding their own at Champions League level. People need to wake up. At this present time if we want to compete at the very top he needs to benched

Barton will be a disaster good no doubt for a couple of games then as ever the nonsense will start and we'll be stuck with him

At his current ability we would get wasted in the champions league with him in the side. I know a few years back now BUT at Benfica in europa he got absolutely destroyed. He was a little boy at that level. Where as Bale, Wiltshire etc are holding their own at Champions League level. People need to wake up. At this present time if we want to compete at the very top he needs to benched

Yeah. On his debut. Two years ago. Playing at left back. In a team that included HIbbo at CB, IIRC, and was basically a second string XI.

Good example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back