John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was playing every game for Barnsley. I know its one level down but its not like he has been plucked straight from Hackney Marshes. Its not like he is too young body wise or anything either hes a big lad.

Id like to see him getting some game time from now to the end of the season even if its just a couple of minutes here and there.

Try telling Brennan that.

I REMEMBER WHEN I USED TO WATCH BARNSLEY ALL THE TIME LAST SEASON AND THEN THIS SEASON HE MUST BE GOOD ENOUGH LET'S SLOT HIM IN AND SEE HOW HE GOES.

Its not FM mate.

In real life players arent only restricted to playing 1 postion and 1 postion only.

Look at Naismith.

Of course. But there's a huge difference between players that are versatile and able to play well in different positions, and players that are suited best to 1 position but being played in positions they're gash in.

As there is between players playing out of position in an emergency and players regularly playing out of position and being gash because of it.

Not that this has anything to do with Stones, at his age there is no harm in the possibilty of him being able to be trained up as a centre back if he's good enough to do so.

Hahaha typical Moyes.

Following in the long line of out of position players who before coming under his tutelage had never graced the pitch is such a manner, including right wing Rodwell, left wing Barkley and right wing Drenthe amongst others.

It's not as if he was born a right back and is precluded from playing any other position.

Hahaha typical Moyes.

Following in the long line of out of position players who before coming under his tutelage had never graced the pitch is such a manner, including right wing Rodwell, left wing Barkley and right wing Drenthe amongst others.

At Man Utd last season Carrick played centre half, Park ji Sung and Rafael both played central midfield. Hasnt got a clue that Ferguson.

Looks good attacking wise, not afraid to take defenders on with skill/pace. Looks like he can learn a lot from Coleman, quite similar imo

It makes me laugh that Oviedo and Stones are both full backs, both were both bought on deadline day for the roughly the same price and were both the only signing that day, excluding Kennedy, but because Oviedo has a cool name and wasbought from a random European country people were quite excited, whereas Stones, with a ****e name and bought from Barnsley, people were like 'is that it', i was the same like.

It makes me laugh that Oviedo and Stones are both full backs, both were both bought on deadline day for the roughly the same price and were both the only signing that day, excluding Kennedy, but because Oviedo has a cool name and wasbought from a random European country people were quite excited, whereas Stones, with a ****e name and bought from Barnsley, people were like 'is that it', i was the same like.

Don't agree with that at all. As far as I recall Oviedo was pretty underwhelming, while the only reason we werent excited about signing a touted prospect was because of the Leroy Fer/general transfer window shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back