• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been talking to a lad at work, and we both agree that, all this with stones, is absolutely fantastic for Barnsley FC, we couldn't have asked for it to be delt with any better from our perspective, Bloke who quite easily is the most negative defensive football manager ever to win major trophies regularly as identified Stones as a man who he feels can contribute to his boring defensive style and help him and his club achieve their main objective and keep clean sheets, and he's told the hole world about it. Then you have Everton rejecting £38M telling everyone he's worth more, the lad himself putting in a transfer request letting everyone know that he's open to the idea of leaving was brilliant. And as if that wasn't enough he keeps putting in displays of the highest quality so the media are showing him and his performances on TV constantly. Which means managers, chairman, owners and presidents, see him doing his stuff every time they turn on the TV.

Just been talking to a lad at work, and we both agree that, all this with stones, is absolutely fantastic for Barnsley FC, we couldn't have asked for it to be delt with any better from our perspective, Bloke who quite easily is the most negative defensive football manager ever to win major trophies regularly as identified Stones as a man who he feels can contribute to his boring defensive style and help him and his club achieve their main objective and keep clean sheets, and he's told the hole world about it. Then you have Everton rejecting £38M telling everyone he's worth more, the lad himself putting in a transfer request letting everyone know that he's open to the idea of leaving was brilliant. And as if that wasn't enough he keeps putting in displays of the highest quality so the media are showing him and his performances on TV constantly. Which means managers, chairman, owners and presidents, see him doing his stuff every time they turn on the TV.

Thing is mate, i understand your obviously in the camp of wanting him to be sold as a Barnsley fan due to getting a huge influx of money from it, but if i was in your boat rather than seeing him turn out for Chelsea etc I'd love nothing more than the lad going to say a Barca or Madrid and becoming a legend their. Far as Barnsley goes though all this press about Stones will be good for you in and of itself due to them constantly refrencing him being a Barnsley academy player in most decent articles

Thing is mate, i understand your obviously in the camp of wanting him to be sold as a Barnsley fan due to getting a huge influx of money from it, but if i was in your boat rather than seeing him turn out for Chelsea etc I'd love nothing more than the lad going to say a Barca or Madrid and becoming a legend their. Far as Barnsley goes though all this press about Stones will be good for you in and of itself due to them constantly refrencing him being a Barnsley academy player in most decent articles

I want the exact same thing, I hope Everton sell him to Barca with add ons for each competition he helps them win, and that he goes on and wins 10 champions leagues 10 La Leagues, super cups, world club cups, and Everything they enter, For the rest of his career we could end up with a tidy windfall every year for the next 15 then pal, and the way this is being played out theirs every chance of it happening.

I want the exact same thing, I hope Everton sell him to Barca with add ons for each competition he helps them win, and that he goes on and wins 10 champions leagues 10 La Leagues, super cups, world club cups, and Everything they enter, For the rest of his career we could end up with a tidy windfall every year for the next 15 then pal, and the way this is being played out theirs every chance of it happening.

I just want to see the lad playing here for at least this and the next season mate, if we can't by then give him what he wants then fair enough, or if Barca comes calling or Madrid then basically not foolish enough to think we could hold onto him, ideally i'd love us tp pay you off for your percentage sell on and then keep hold of him for his career and win shed loads together but i'd also like world peace too :)

Yep, it's building up to a massive eventual sale, probably next summer, but we've had the privilege of seeing him for another season, he's developed and maybe gets a euro spot (subject to Roy's alzheimers), and your cut just gets larger. Wins all round.

'Money' is merely a manufactured mechanism of commercial exchange...it is printed out of thin air, ....and thus worth what ??

This 'money' chimera is hoodwinking you into a corralled sate of mind...a constraining paradigm.

Real assets should not be denominated in non-standard-based currency terms....but that is how the currently 'currency wealthy' continue to massively prosper. They can literally print for free (or access 'unfairly') a counter denomination (£ $ €) which prices assets (land, commodities...football clubs) which we hold infinitely dear, but which they can price in ultimately worthless £ $ € value (that they have infinite access to...)

Marx was right

Last edited:

Linked with Real Madrid in the Star today... The press just can't leave it, can they? lol

Think the Star picked it up from AS in Madrid.

IF we have to sell him, I would far rather he went abroad and certainly NEVER to Chelsea whilst Moron-io is in charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back