• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally we sign Koulibaly and Martin Indi. Sell Stones. Jags and Funes Mori as competition. 4CB to fight for 2 starting place.

If Stones goes (likely), this (or something very similar) seems very sensisble.

Wouldn't say we need 4 senior centre backs, Galloway is easily good enough to be the 4th centre back.

Would be happy with Koulibaly, Funes Mori, Jags and Galloway.

Sell him for £55 million which would leave us with about £45 million after the sell on to Barnsley, if we can't get Koulibaly give £35 million of it to Saints for Van Dijk and go for Forster whilst we are at it!

It's all about combinations too,Mori to me always looks more comfortable with Jags and not with Stones,who's to say we spend a fortune on two new CB's who individually are ace but they can't play as a duo?risky business these big deals I suppose:)

What really pees me off is that this talk of Stones and city has been going on since the end of the season. Yet only now is there talk of making an offer just 3 weeks before the season starts.

This messes us up trying to get players. The club should add 10 mill to the asking price.

in an era where Pogba is going for over £100m and higuain for £70 odd million... and his potential replacement for over £40m....

Then no we wouldnt

You say that but Koulibaly is a level above him, Stones has many flaws in his game. Yeah Stones has massive potential but he's no closer to realising it than he was a year ago, in fact he's slightly further away from realising it.

I'm a big Stones fan, think he'll go on to great things, but £50-60m is ridiculous money for any centre back, nevermind one who has a LOT to learn.

You say that but Koulibaly is a level above him, Stones has many flaws in his game. Yeah Stones has massive potential but he's no closer to realising it than he was a year ago, in fact he's slightly further away from realising it.

I'm a big Stones fan, think he'll go on to great things, but £50-60m is ridiculous money for any centre back, nevermind one who has a LOT to learn.

remains to be seen

This had better be done and dusted before next weekend, be arsed with them trying to unsettle our start to the season by having this hanging over us. Either pay it or jog on. Every extra week you wait is another £10m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back