• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can blame Martinez for this one, to be honest. Lowered our stock so much that even when we finally get a billionaire owner and things start looking up, our best players are still desperate to leave us. Nice one.

Also, I don't see what's to be discussed between City and Everton. Everton know that City are absolutely flush with cash and don't require a complex method of spreading out payment, and City know Everton are firm in their asking price and won't accept less. Surely it's a case of "let us know when you want to pay 50m cash and we'll accept immediately, otherwise don't bother contacting us" from Everton? Even with this fee, it should be an incredibly straight forward deal. They bid 50m, we accept, they treble Stones' wages, he has a medical and it's all done with 48 hours.

I mean, if I wanted to purchase a house that wasn't for sale unless I met the rich owners' extortionate too-much-money-to-reject offer then I wouldn't try bargaining with them! It'd either offer the money or buy a different house. Same rules apply here.

IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT

It's not about what wages Stones is on, so stop being ignorant.

to stay within ffp regulations, our overall exspendature cannot exceed our revenue (by a certain percentage I believe). So as our spending rises (paying higher wages), our revenue must rise to match it.

The best mist sustainable way to do that is through commercial deals, but due to contracts etc that can't happen over-night. In the meantime, the quickest way to raise revenue is from the sale of a major asset...

They're pulling the wool over your eyes my friend. Everyone will see soon enough.

It's got nothing to do with the wage Stones is currently on you flute-toting band geek. If you'd bother to check the forum the past, I don't know, 3 weeks you'd understand how STCC works and how we're shackled by it this season because right now your IQ is coming across as on par with the desk I'm sat on.

Thought the Mods clamped down on personal insults on this forum?

It'll be interesting to see how he handles the Rio treatment that he'll inevitably receive from the press whenever he makes a stupid mistake.

Are they not better off now than when they sold Bale?

We achieved CL footie after we sold Rooney. :coffee:
Err 27 million in instalments is not 100 million is it, and it's still not a trophy for Spurs or us Leicester proved last season money cannot buy you success maybe just once in a lifetime event now they have been plundered losing their assistant manager, and players!
Fans thought we were keeping our better players, and introducing new stars, let's wait and see, Koeman would never have come to us if not - we always seem to do our deals late anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back