• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think he didn't fall asleep seeing it again. He appears to be trying to do something eye-catchingly spectacular, like dummy and make the opposition player look a goose.
Perhaps that magnificent freedom that Roberto is happy to let the young players go out there with?
Needs to pick his moments though as you pointed out. Should have been an easy intercept there. He ended up looking the goose instead.
there*

Seen a lot of people questioning him and wanting to see him dropped for the next game etc. Yes he made a big mistake today and wasn't too good in general but he's still very young and defenders tend to take that little longer to learn their craft seeing as their mistakes tend to be costly ones. Also can't ignore that he played 120 mins on Tuesday so that may have had an effect.

Poor for goal during the week n at fault yesterday for the first. Love him but decision making is poor at times n needs to step up with Jags out.
Time n a place for putting your boot through the ball n hit row z. Different team yest maybe would have been a worry.
Only negative yest. Joy to watch them goals go in

Lads a beast

Poor game today and seems a bit off at the min

Had a bit of a mad few months though to be fair to the kid

To be honest did he really have a bad game?

By no means his best, but in fairness he only made one mistake - his first in a while, as well - and Defoe, being the poacher that he is, made him and us pay for it.

His general play was as good as it normally is, considering he's 21 and entrusted with marshalling our defence - with a new defensive partner to boot.

His pass for Del was superb as well. People say that he 'doesn't look bothered', but that's the thing with Stones, he never actually has. The mistake he made for their goal gave him a wake up call yesterday, and he was the one who started our counter-attacks for the 4th and 5th goals.

Defoe is just a proper class striker and the first goal proved it. Nothing more to say.

Bit of both I think.

Stones did himself no favours but it takes an aggressive and intelligent striker to punish those mistakes. Defoe is a class finisher.

Would never knock the lad as I think he's our best player hands down. But I remember him absolutely dominating in the air when he first burst into the scene. Seems to be a problem for us now though. Perhaps Jagielka/Funes Mori have been told to attack the ball and Stones is playing sweeper whereas with Distin Stones was the one winning the first headers? Whatever it is we seem to be poor on crosses which is strange as I've seen Mori and Stones both be outstanding in the air. I'll just blame Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back