John Textor / Everton Takeover

From the athletic article:

What is important to note here is that anyone wanting to buy Everton, Textor included, would want to do a deal with whoever is in charge of 777’s portfolio. That deal would be along the lines of: ‘Come on. You know you’re not getting £200million — here’s £50m, and we’ll say no more about it.’
Textor thinks he can sell that type of deal, particularly when 777 finally lurches into full-blown administration and a court-ordered trustee turns up and asks for repayment.
The Athletic, however, has spoken to people close to the Leadenhall case and they think his optimism is misplaced. They believe A-Cap will fight until its last breath to make sure that £200million note on its balance sheet remains at that value.

Let us turn to the second half of the quote: Textor’s belief he is very likely to buy Everton but that it is not yet a done deal and Moshiri has choices.
Working backwards, we can suggest that Textor was being polite about Moshiri’s options. Nobody else is talking to him about buying Everton.
That is not to say nobody else is interested in Everton. It is merely to say that any interested parties are waiting to see if someone else can finish paying for the stadium, the 777 situation gets resolved and the team pull away from the Premier League’s relegation zone.
The next part is 100 per cent accurate. Textor cannot become Everton owner until he has sold his Palace shares. More on that in a moment.
Given all of the above, do you think his chances of doing this deal are more than 90 per cent?
Cards on the table, I don’t. I think there is a 90 per cent chance he will not be the next owner.
I’d say there’s a very real chance it won’t progress. Not over his shares necessarily but clearly there is some issue or issues there that has prevented other interested parties taking things further. However, I was just speculating on whether third parties working on his behalf could be working behind the Chinese walls so to speak in order to progress things so that all the relevant info is to hand if and when he has gotten rid of his interest in palace?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back