John Textor has entered period of exclusivity to pursue Everton takeover

I think their relationship is cordial on a personal level, just a divergence of opinion on the best way for Palace in the future. Publicly Textor has praised what Parish has achieved but that may be reviewed once his shares are sold I suppose.

What do you think are at the heart of the disagreements? Do you have a strong view on it? It feels like Parish approach is quite prudent, but is that shared by Palace fans?

“I want to be involved in an English club that wins championships; like, at the top of the league,” adds Textor. “And that requires taking risks that can also send you down the other way. I don’t know if that strategy is necessarily right for Palace. There are other people that are probably a little more patient than I am, and maybe impatience is not necessarily good for Palace.”

As the old saying goes: ‘The grass is always greener on the other side’ - and I am totally confident that this, the latest in a long line of linked suitors, is our best option, and I fully back the buyout attempt on this basis.

These are very wealthy people.

Do people honestly think they would be willing to waste their time on pipe dreams or pointless acquisitions?

Have you considered there is possibly already something in the pipeline with regards to selling his palace stake holding and the exclusivity may have been given for that reason?

I know Mosh can be a bit of a bell, but I’m pretty sure he will be aware Textor can’t take control until he’s exited palace.
As a businessman and accountant, he should also have been aware of all the red flags around 777.

I don't believe he can, nor should the league allow it

He's looking through our books whilst he owns shares in Crystal Palace. If he doesn't end up purchasing he'll have all the inside information re: Everton

it's not healthy
How does any company ever takeover another company if giving access to the books isn't healthy and should be banned by an industry regulator?

Not an expert 'in business' so genuinely curious.

Prediction:

1. His people take a good look at the books for several weeks

2. Some sponsorships / commercial agreements are made

3. Things go quiet for weeks

4. Textor has in fact had a mild heart attack seeing our accounts,but agrees some short term funding for the club

5. Club puts out bollocks statement

6. Some other billionaires sound us out

7. Repeat

“I want to be involved in an English club that wins championships; like, at the top of the league,” adds Textor. “And that requires taking risks that can also send you down the other way. I don’t know if that strategy is necessarily right for Palace. There are other people that are probably a little more patient than I am, and maybe impatience is not necessarily good for Palace.”

I love this cavalier approach and I think an all-or-nothing, balls-to-the-wall approach is just what we need after these years of instability and chaos under the Moshiri regime.

What do you think are at the heart of the disagreements? Do you have a strong view on it? It feels like Parish approach is quite prudent, but is that shared by Palace fans?
The key for us is that we have been owned and run by some utter bells and were in administration twice between 2000 and 2010. We had been in the Premier League for two single seasons between 1995 - 2010. Parish has rebuilt the club and brought (by our standards) success together with stability. He has his critics and has made the odd mistake but broadly he is very well liked and respected.
Two administrations means caution, especially as we’re doing ok and improving.

Seeing as he has to sell his shares in Palace first this could drag on for God knows how long! It is turning into a bad joke now.

Where have I said that?

I'm against announcing "exclusivity" when the potential purchaser has to sell his Crystal Palace shares and looks no where close to doing so

He should sell them FIRST before seeking to acquire shares in other clubs

Hiya mate I'm a bit late to the party but to give a counter point here, I think Textor selling his shares in Palace is probably a bit more straight forward than anyone taking over Everton. Palace are a fairly well ran club, and I imagine there are plenty of interested parties, possibly from the current shareholders to consolidate his shares beyond him selling them elsewhere. Moreover, it wouldn't be a takeover for Palace and they're not tied up in complicated stuff like we are with both FFP and the 777 loan fallout.

In short, if the story about him having been granted exclusivity is true then you can guarantee that he has a buyer for his shares lined up.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.