Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, that's like a £30m+ deal.

A conservative estimate on Richards' value is £6, and £8m on Jo. A more liberal estimate is £8m on Richards and £10m on Jo.

Why would City go for that? They could sell Richards tomorrow for the £6m, and I'm pretty sure Jo wouldn't be around for long if they said he was available for £8m. That would be £14m cash they could put to the deal. It would only take another £5m and I'm sure Moyes would drive Lescott to Eastlands himself.

Why do people think Lescott is worth £30m?

I'm not saying Lescott is worth 30mil, it's just that Citeh have the money, why not milk em for all there worth, getting us a better deal?

I'm not saying Lescott is worth 30mil, it's just that Citeh have the money, why not milk em for all there worth, getting us a better deal?

Because they won't pay £30m, or do a deal that values him at £30m. The best we can hope for is something around the £20m mark, maybe slightly higher because of the unusual situation with Jo.

Jo or Richards + £14 or £15m really is about as good as we can expect.

Cash is king here. What I see there is £15M plus who the **** knows what in terms of a Jo loan or Richards loan/makeweight.

City are there to be milked if we have to let go a player crucial to this club. If they dont cough it up, job done. We get to keep Lescott.

Typical Everton board this, let's get raped by a rival because we wont provide funds ourselves.

No way Richards is worth just £6m if Lescott is around £15-20m. Richards has all the potential to be much better than Lescott. Get Moyes coaching him and I'd love that deal.

The Jo talks are taking an awful long time. I smell a huge rat.

I know he's a class finisher because we've all seen the CSKA goals, but he hardly warrants all this fuss if what he produced last season is anything to go on. He stays, he goes. Doesn't mean an awful lot, imo. The fact he's being used to muddy the waters over any Lescott sale is pathetic. Leave him one side and sort Lescott out first:

"That'll be £25M on the nose Your Royal Majesty Potentate Whatever. We'll let you know about loaning Jo again shortly after. Cheers".

It's not that hard, really.

I'd...take that £15mill plus Richards and Jo on loan, sorry to say. I rate Richards a fair bit...he just turned a bit gash after being injured. But he's a better defender that someone like Glen Johnson and is built like a brick shithouse.

The problem is getting back up in at centre half that is ready to dive in, is very good, and can do the job without us throwing money at him.

I'd be more inclined to take a flat rate of £18-£20mill but we'd be saving on getting a solid, potentially international class, right back.

I still dont see it being the deal though.

I'd...take that £15mill plus Richards and Jo on loan, sorry to say. I rate Richards a fair bit...he just turned a bit gash after being injured. But he's a better defender that someone like Glen Johnson and is built like a brick shithouse.

The problem is getting back up in at centre half that is ready to dive in, is very good, and can do the job without us throwing money at him.

I'd be more inclined to take a flat rate of £18-£20mill but we'd be saving on getting a solid, potentially international class, right back.

I still dont see it being the deal though.

I'd be inclined to take the money too. A bit more than that, I have to say, but cash only deffo. Richards was [Poor language removed] hot a few seasons ago. I question his attitude, tbh, never mind his injury. He wants to be the centre of the universe and doesn't look capable of fitting in. Anyway, surely we've had enough of this makeweight stuff in the past. The Rooney to United deal no doubt spawned the mediocrity that is Phil Neville. If we have to sell because of these cretins in the boardroom get the cash and let's take it from there. Clean slate.

Toffeeweb (for what its worth) is reporting the deal as 15 million + Richards + Jo on full season loan for Lescott.

Never thought I'd say it but I'd take that deal.

The exact rumour is:

"My mate has just picked up his Lounge season ticket up from Goodison and spotted Micah Richards with Leon Osman. The rumour is £15m + Richards + Jo on loan for the season in exchange for Lescott."

He's got ******* good eyesight, Osman's in Scotland.

Or, he made it up. You decide.

Cash is king here. What I see there is £15M plus who the **** knows what in terms of a Jo loan or Richards loan/makeweight.

City are there to be milked if we have to let go a player crucial to this club. If they dont cough it up, job done. We get to keep Lescott.

Typical Everton board this, let's get raped by a rival because we wont provide funds ourselves.

Whatever the situation with the board, getting Jo or Richards and £15m is milking City. They won't go higher than that, at least not in my view,.

Whatever the situation with the board, getting Jo or Richards and £15m is milking City. They won't go higher than that, at least not in my view,.

Good

Maybe they'll leave us alone then

Lets look at that deal from ManC's eyes.

They get a great defender.

They give up:

One young defender that hasn't shown anything much the last year(s).
One striker way down their peckingorder for a year. So they save his wages.
and £15M.

So remove the wages for Jo.. probably around £3M/year. They pay £12M for a worldclass defender. Since they will get Jo back after this coming season, with more PL experience, he's no great loss to them and neither is the loss of Richards.

All in all.. I'd be very enthusiastic for that deal if I were a ManC fan.

For us it would be a good deal IF Richards get his game in order and shows why he was such a promising youngsters a few years ago.

I'll be gutted if Lescott leaves, sends out a sh*t message, but if he does 15M plus Richards would be the best we can get, still end up with a Ctr half who can play full back, just the other side, think Richards would be a good right back, but average ctr half, and alongside Yobo can see mistakes a plenty till Jags is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back