Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's up to lescott. if he wants to get an extra fiver slipped in to his pay packet every week then he will request a move. if thats his thinking then the sooner the better so we can get a replacement in.

Hi everyone, it's only me popping in again for a bit.

So we've sent Jo on a second loan spell to you, and on the other side we're interested in signing Lescott. Is it likely that some kind of agreement will have been struck up between the clubs where Jo goes and we're given a free run at your lad? Forget for a minute that Moyes has dismissed it- when Chelsea came in for SWP we were adamant he was going nowhere and within he couple of days, he was having a medical.

Now the reason I'm thinking about this is, wouldn't it be incredibly stupid of the City management to send a young, talented striker to one of our nearest rivals in the race for a top six/four place, on loan of all things? I mean, what if Jo scored the goal that put Everton in the Champions League at the expense of City?

Needless to say though I'd be delighted if we did manage to get Lescott, he's a cracking defender and God knows we need them more than anything.

PS I went to Gigg Lane last week for the friendly, it's only 15 minutes or so from me so thought why not, a decent enough match. Were any of you there?

All the best,

Col

Think it's more to do with the fact that he seems to have little future there, and no-one seems that interested in him. He likes us, we like him, but apparently can't afford his price atm, so you've loaned him to us looking to offload him at the end of the season, hopefully when someone will come in with a bid that's close to what you paid.

I really don't think there is a connection. As has been said earlier you loaning us Jo makes great sense for all concerned anyway. Maybe Hughes would have liked to link some permanent deal involving Lescott but that makes little sense for us with the players we already have for the lone striker position. Jo is a nice luxury but nowhere near a transfer priority. Moyesie would have none of it.

On Lescott, his only quote is "Everton player unless told otherwise." Things might have changed of course but it didn't sound like he'd be requesting a move. Moyes comments on transfers makes me think you'll have to really make it worth our while to lose him, 20million at least.

If Jo had secured a cut price permanent move to Goodison, then I'd be a little more concerned about Lescott going the other way as part of an agreement. As it is, I don't think there is a link and people are reading too much into it. Lescott will go to City if he decides he wants the extra money but I really think he's happy where he is. But in football, you never know...

You would have to assume that during the talks regarding Jo, Lescott's name was also brought up. Hughes must have come away with the impression that he might have a chance to get Lescott, otherwise why would he be bidding now?

It might be that Hughes thinks Lescott will force the move, but even that shows that Moyes didn't categorically say Lescott will not leave Everton. Add to that, Moyes' statement on the OS said on the headline that no players would leave. However, on reading the article it was clear that all Moyes was actually saying was that no players will leave unless he sanctions the move.

There is encouragement of sorts, or at least signs that Moyes will do a deal. maybe the Jo thing will end up being made permanent, as was rumoured on Bluemoon yesterday. If so, I want £14m as well as Jo.

I would rather keep Lescott than Jo. Without Lescott our defence will have no backbone and we will struggle this season coming.

I would rather keep Lescott than Jo. Without Lescott our defence will have no backbone and we will struggle this season coming.

Maybe. And it is true that when Lescott was [Poor language removed] at the beginning of last season, we went on a poor run of form.

If he goes Robert, it has to be sorted now. I'll be furious if we end up accepting a bid just before the season starts.

At the beginning he was played out of position. But once we got Yobo out and paired L with Jags and Baines at LB it was very different.

At the beginning he was played out of position. But once we got Yobo out and paired L with Jags and Baines at LB it was very different.

If that's true, it kinda ends the argument that selling Lescott means we have to find a replacement for two positions.

Jags is out until xmas imo and yobo will be off to the ANC next year. You want to count the positions again. Anyway in my book Yobo is no where as good as Lescott or Jags. Notice no one making a bid for Yobo.

Jags is out until xmas imo and yobo will be off to the ANC next year. You want to count the positions again. Anyway in my book Yobo is no where as good as Lescott or Jags. Notice no one making a bid for Yobo.

I wouldn't say he was no where as good as Lescott and Jags. True he's the weakest of the three but still an excellent defender.

Tevez
Bellamy
Santa Cruz
Robinho
Adebayor (maybe)

There's 5 reasons why Caciedo, Bojinov, Jo, Benjani, Sturridge (which is a reason he jumped ship minus the money) will be lucky to play 3 games this season.

If Jo wasnt on loan to us, he'd be at another club and wouldnt be at City either way.

I think it has no bearing on Lescott at all. If that were true, he's already be training with you. So far, he's not.

Thats a strikeforce and a half for City. They could field a team of strikers and still not score!

..and so it begins

Sky sources have reported that Madchester have made their expecte £15m bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back