Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be the weekend Dave, we could see somebody crack in front of our eyes.

We already saw poor Lordys downfall, that was painful enough.

Place your bets, my money is on steph, hes on the edge I think.

I even noticed Neiler close to the edge the other day.

Any favourites?

I've been surprised by Neiler, tbh. It says something when a an uber loyalist like that lad despairs and threatens to have nothing to do with it if this bullshit continues. I cant blame him like. They break everyone's spirit in the end.

Man City - LC Winners 1976.

Jesus wept.

I know mate. Never been anything but a laughing stock. Even now theyre making themselves look desperate by throwing stupid money around to buy players. Its alright having all these new players coming in but can they play as a team? Time will tell. I cant see them being that bad but theyre not gonna be anywhere near winning the league. Also it seems real world class players wont touch them with a barge pole.

A word from the Captain:

“It’s not a nice situation for any player to be in when there is lots of speculation but Joleon has remained tight to the group throughout,” said Neville. “His professionalism is second to none and he has been outstanding on this tour. We can only take things on face value.The club have turned down two offers and the manager is not prepared to sell him. Let’s move on and let’s look forward to the new season.
“Will City get the message? The way they are going about their business, I don’t think they will. There are ways and means of doing things - and Everton do it the right way.”
Given they have tracked Lescott since last December, City are unlikely to be deterred by this latest rebuff but Neville has been quick to point out that all that glitters is not gold.
City may be able to offer Lescott massive wages but, despite signing so many players, they have achieved nothing compared to what this Everton squad has done recently.
“I don’t think he needs anyone to tell him what we have got here,” said Neville. “He sees that in training, he sees it in the camaraderie we have. But it is only Joleon that can decide.”

Liverpool Echo.co.uk - Everton FC - News - Everton FC latest: Phil Neville hails Joleon Lescott's form

I personally think citeh aren't gonna bother with another bid. They have to offer atleast 25mill next time... And if they honestly wanted him they wouldve went in high and hard but they haven't.

It took weeks from the 1st bid to this, so another bid is gonna be weeks away. The longer we leave it the more in the [Poor language removed] well be

He won't go

I personally think citeh aren't gonna bother with another bid. They have to offer atleast 25mill next time... And if they honestly wanted him they wouldve went in high and hard but they haven't.

It took weeks from the 1st bid to this, so another bid is gonna be weeks away. The longer we leave it the more in the [Poor language removed] well be

He won't go

That's one way of looking at it mate. Another: this drawn out farce suits a club that wont be looking to spend all they get from the deal and running down the clock is a help not a hindrance. City aren't arsed as they know they'll have their man. The Jo deal, imo, was inconceivable without asurances on Lescott. A huge pantomime.

If you were City you would be thinking now who else would 18 mill buy?

Upson, Turner, etc theres a dearth of centre halfs around at the moment isnt there maybe go international yet thats always a risk with a centre half.

I'd just like to hear Joleon come out and say what he thinks.

Hate all this, leaving us hanging.

I was proud of the club for rejecting that bid this morning. FU*K OFF CITEH!!!

Look at it from the other direction, steevie. The club are ambiguous on the issue. All were getting fed from them is a line about how it's outrageous of City to not be carrying this out through back channels but in public, and now this new statement: "We have received an offer of £18m for Joleon and that offer has been rejected outright,". Hardly a hardline message of 'keep your hands off our player' is it? Imo, Lescott wont be making a fresh statement because he knows full well he's likely to be sold when City play out the rest of this laughable pantomime by 'crashing' through the £20M barrier. You cant blame the player when he plays for a selling club playing out these games. How many more times does this Groundhog Day have to happen before the penny drops that the club hide behind supporters all too ready to call a player Judas?

Not sure what else they could have said, Dave. They don't want to sell him but they also know that everyone has a price. If they offered £30m we'd be bonkers not to at least think about it....So it's bit pointless saying 'keep your hands off our player' City are only doing what the prospective buyer has a right to do.

As for the club hiding behind fans who can call a player a traitor; this isn't Lescott's decision in the end. He's a commodity that - if the right price is offered - will have no say in where he goes.

I don't think that the club are hiding. They're trying to hold on to one of their own and being pretty clear that they don't want to sell. But money may yet talk

What do you suggest that they do, Dave?

That's one way of looking at it mate. Another: this drawn out farce suits a club that wont be looking to spend all they get from the deal and running down the clock is a help not a hindrance. City aren't arsed as they know they'll have their man. The Jo deal, imo, was inconceivable without asurances on Lescott. A huge pantomime.

if lescott wanted to he'd have asked to leave already, I mean does he want to be the best paid player over there or something? 120k a week is what would turn him, and he hasn't been turned. 19mill is also a good price. But I've also said we already have a bit of cash in the kitty and still can't buy anyone. And extra 19 mill is going to add to a players fee that we are looking at

Were getting too close to the start of the season. I even think lescott could feel bad over the fact he'll leave his mates in the [Poor language removed] if he goes now.

And there are plenty of other defenders that can do a job at citeh for less than lescotts price. If money was no objective they would hit us with 25 mill rather than 19mill. They didn't so I think they won't bother again

Bill (M.B.E.) says with his poker face on mate:

"You heard what David Moyes said right at the start of the summer. All of this speculation doesn't do anyone any favours.

"David Moyes, and only David Moyes, will make decisions on the playing staff at this club. He said - and he means it - nobody is for sale."

Positioning the club behind the managers decisons or setting up Davey as the fall guy? Im guessing your thinking the latter. :D

if lescott wanted to he'd have asked to leave already, I mean does he want to be the best paid player over there or something? 120k a week is what would turn him, and he hasn't been turned. 19mill is also a good price. But I've also said we already have a bit of cash in the kitty and still can't buy anyone. And extra 19 mill is going to add to a players fee that we are looking at

Were getting too close to the start of the season. I even think lescott could feel bad over the fact he'll leave his mates in the [Poor language removed] if he goes now.

And there are plenty of other defenders that can do a job at citeh for less than lescotts price. If money was no objective they would hit us with 25 mill rather than 19mill. They didn't so I think they won't bother again

I think if Lescott was going to hand in a transfer request he would have done after the first bid, what difference does it make to him if he wants go if we get 15 mill or 18mill. If he didnt have a good attitude with the team or was sulking he wouldnt have played last night.

I think if Lescott was going to hand in a transfer request he would have done after the first bid, what difference does it make to him if he wants go if we get 15 mill or 18mill. If he didnt have a good attitude with the team or was sulking he wouldnt have played last night.

Exactly. Whatever price we get for him, lescott will still be getting the 120k a week. He wouldn't care how much we got if he wanted to go

Exactly. Whatever price we get for him, lescott will still be getting the 120k a week. He wouldn't care how much we got if he wanted to go

I personally think he is happy here with us. But it takes a lot of character to turn down all that money. How much money does he really need at the end of the day?

Most players have loyalty clauses in their contracts that entitle them to a bonus in the event of their transfer to another club. If a player requests a move, then those bonuses are forfeited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back