Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest they do what they're unwilling to do: keep the player and beg borrow and steal to give Moyes a budget that will allow him to take a chance on a few Bosman's. The alternative, for me, is unthuinkable: the sale of Lescott and the devastating effect it'll have on the morale in the squad and amongst the support.

There's no chance of that happening. I don't think there's anywhere that they can get the money from. Unless the bank extend the overdraft further or a new investor comes in. Or they sell.

So they're stuck but I don't think they're being negligent.

It's silly money though. Kolo Toure is the same age, has won league titles, has CL experience etc. yet only goes for £14 million. If City want to pay £20m for him we should bite their hand off.

Yes I agree, because money we cant spend is always better than having a CB/LB. I mean we can just stick the big pile of money where Lescott should be, no player will run past that.

The only way selling him is worthwhile is the fact that it would put some cash in the bank for a little bit. We need players, not money.

So having fees rejected for defour and the 5mill or so for naughton not going through didn't happen then?

That's really not that big a deal. All it is is a different strategy of using what meagre funds they're willing to stick their necks out for/willing to siphon off from tv money earmarked for a stadium payment. Another strategy would be for Moyes to use that money in order to bring in two or three experienced players out of contract and keep Lescott. Lescott is the meaningful transfer budget this summer. Just as Johnson was last. Beyond that there is no kitty, imo.

That's really not that big a deal. All it is is a different strategy of using what meagre funds they're willing to stick their necks out for/willing to siphon off from tv money earmarked for a stadium payment. Another strategy would be for Moyes to use that money in order to bring in two or three experienced players out of contract and keep Lescott. Lescott is the meaningful transfer budget this summer. Just as Johnson was last. Beyond that there is no kitty, imo.

I think there's a small kitty other wise lescott wouldve been gone now. At least fulham went in high and got their man with johnson. If we are desperate to sell, playing games with a club that can easily go after someone as good for less isn't clever. The longer it goes on the worst outcome will happen.. Last minute over priced deals. If we were gonna sell 18mill is a good price. But we aren't selling him IMO and I can't see citeh coming back.

Last edited:
City will come back, another time at least. It depends how high they want to go. They will make another bid over the weekend or early next week. Will they go to £21m or will they jump straight to the magic number.

Yes I agree, because money we cant spend is always better than having a CB/LB. I mean we can just stick the big pile of money where Lescott should be, no player will run past that.

The only way selling him is worthwhile is the fact that it would put some cash in the bank for a little bit. We need players, not money.

Exactly. If we sell Lescott in the next week or so then we suddenly need to find another international calibre centre back in less than two weeks and get them ready for the new season. Even if we find a decent replacement, they may not settle in quick enough and we could have another poor start to the season. I'd rather have Lescott than the money at this moment in time.

City will come back, another time at least. It depends how high they want to go. They will make another bid over the weekend or early next week. Will they go to £21m or will they jump straight to the magic number.

But why fanny about? They've got money to burn so why mess about will the odd 2mill increases? Citeh have always said they won't be he at ransom, lescott isn't that star name they want, we dnt want to sell, so if they were really wanting to get him why fanny about with 18mill like a few extra bob would change our mind. It's not like we thought about both bids either, they were flat out rejected. So unless they're willing to make lescott one of the most expensive defenders in the world, I cant see it.

At a push they put a 22mil bid down... And hopefully we say no. Then they probably will stop their interest.

They know we are skint, thats he reason for the small bids, they are trying to bully us. Hughes has clearly told them he wants Lescott, they arent going to just throw £30m at us for the sake of it.

They will be back, once or twice more, the 2nd bid will make Moyes think.

That's one way of looking at it mate. Another: this drawn out farce suits a club that wont be looking to spend all they get from the deal and running down the clock is a help not a hindrance. City aren't arsed as they know they'll have their man. The Jo deal, imo, was inconceivable without asurances on Lescott. A huge pantomime.

That is one huge leap of faith.

You cant keep on passing paranoid opinion as fact mate.

SOLD FOR 9 MILLION PLUS JO.

I think somewere between 20-25 million will get him plus extended loan for Jo or even a reduced buyout for him depending on his play this year.

I think it will be hard to be top six if we lose him. The money could be to hard to pass up for him and us both tbh.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back