Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna see Pip get up close and personal with Mark Hughes. He seems mad and would love to see him rip him to pieces. I used to like Hughes until he took over city. Has become a right tool!

Mark Hughes is a cnut !!!!!!!

I dont think Mark Hughes has done that much wrong to be honest. Ok, the speculation may be unsettling but he has not tapped Lescott up or nothing. In many respects, i wish Moyes was a bit more pushy when he targets a player he really wants instead of giving up so easily.

Sky sports site says Hughes is tight lipped about another bid. The citeh board might not rate lescott as a 25mill player, toure rates him as only a "good player" - so 25mill for only a good player might be a bit too much for them to be spending.

How come Hughes ain't going on a media blitz like he did with terry?

He basically said they will make another bid. Im really in two minds about this, in the same way I didnt want Rooney to go- like it or not the cash from his sale helped take us to another level, this sale could potentially do that as well.

On the other hand we would have to replace him straight away and disrupt one of the best defences in the league. If after another bid we reject it and Joleon doesnt hand in a transfer request I will be very happy that he is commited and ready to become an Everton legend if he does hand in a request- [Poor language removed] him and spend the cash on 3 decent signings.

He basically said they will make another bid. Im really in two minds about this, in the same way I didnt want Rooney to go- like it or not the cash from his sale helped take us to another level, this sale could potentially do that as well.

On the other hand we would have to replace him straight away and disrupt one of the best defences in the league. If after another bid we reject it and Joleon doesnt hand in a transfer request I will be very happy that he is commited and ready to become an Everton legend if he does hand in a request- [Poor language removed] him and spend the cash on 3 decent signings.

I am inclined to disagree with the fact the Rooney sale moved us up another level. Firstly, we never recouped the full transfer fee for Rooney upon completion of his move to United, secondly, we did'nt exactly buy massive to enable us to move a step further. That has been achieved by Moyes foresight to work on a small budget and having the ability to get the best out of his players.

Tell me will you get your bread Mr Sluggard ? Did you check out sister Mary selling her bread in Coronation market ? Dont you respect that hustlin ? Your belly full ?

For that very reason I reckon he'll go to City in January, not now.

I was thinking the same thing. By January City will probably have one the best attacks in the league but giving up goals at almost the same rate and may only be say 7-10th in the league and they should/will be desperate for D, advantage us. On the other hand, Lescott started poorly for us last year, and again looks a bit out of sorts in the preaseason and now Jags isn't going to playing either. His value could drop significantly.

One other thing if we get player(s) in return for him (a must in my opinion) can Wolves file a grievence?

Last edited:
I am inclined to disagree with the fact the Rooney sale moved us up another level. Firstly, we never recouped the full transfer fee for Rooney upon completion of his move to United, secondly, we did'nt exactly buy massive to enable us to move a step further. That has been achieved by Moyes foresight to work on a small budget and having the ability to get the best out of his players.

What are you on about?! We had money that we didnt have before when we sold Rooney- we bought key players in several positions. Like I said, like it or not his sale enabled us to go to another level- Moyes foresight was also a MASSIVE part to play in it too.

What are you on about?! We had money that we didnt have before when we sold Rooney- we bought key players in several positions. Like I said, like it or not his sale enabled us to go to another level- Moyes foresight was also a MASSIVE part to play in it too.

We have never had money since Moyes has been at GP mate, even when we had money we did'nt if you can understand what i am saying. The last two years we have broken our club transfer record fee twice, firstly signing Yakubu from money the club loaned, then more recently Fellaini which was from the sales of Andy Johnson and James McFadden.

City should look abroad and they'll probably get a better deal for a centre back. No doubt they are just lazy and can't be bothered to scout so they'll just raid the premiership instead. They may as well just sack all their scouts and their youth team while they're at it. They don't need either of them with all that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back