Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
None it really matters, that was then, this is now. £30m will buy you 2-3 decent players these days, take away the big money buys like Fellaini and Yakubu and our whole squad cant have cost much more than £30m.

The fact is that £30m is buttons these days.

02 Net £975,000
03 Net £8.25m
04 Net £1.5m
05 Net -£20.2m
06 Net £25.1m
07 Net £4m
08 Net £10.5
09 Net £4.5m

Transfer League

Those are just the figures I have to hand really mate. Moyes clearly made some wrong buys over the years, but hes decent with the wheeling and dealing and for every Koldrup, there is an Arteta and a Pienaar.

The Rooney money help us to where we are today, it gave us more leeway with the Banks and cleared some debts, it clearly gave us a foothold.

Show me the money in detail we received for Rooney! I bet not one person can produce any genuine facts and figures.

Show me the money in detail we received for Rooney! I bet not one person can produce any genuine facts and figures.

Manchester United have revealed the structure of their payment plan to bring Wayne Rooney to Old Trafford.
The club has told the Stock Exchange that Everton will receive a guaranteed £23m provided Wayne Rooney remains a United player until 30 June 2007.

Everton could earn an extra £7m over and above the basic £20m transfer fee.

The Toffees will receive cash depending on United's success and Rooney's international appearances over the next five years.

£1m if United win the Champions League

£500,000 if United are runners-up in the Champions League

£500,000 if United win the Premiership

£250,000 if United finish second in the Premiership

£150,000 if United win the FA Cup

£500,000 if Rooney earns 20 England caps in competitive games while a United player

£500,000 if Rooney plays a further 20 times for England in competitive games while a United player

Even if none of those things happen in the next five years the Toffees will receive at least an extra £3m, paid in £1m instalments on 1 August 2006 and the same date in 2007 and 2008.

Happy to help.

None it really matters, that was then, this is now. £30m will buy you 2-3 decent players these days, take away the big money buys like Fellaini and Yakubu and our whole squad cant have cost much more than £30m.

The fact is that £30m is buttons these days.

True it will not buy you established international players. It will buy a lot of decent players with potential. Which is the road Moyes likes to go down these days.

Posted via Mobile Device
The Mick/Goat tag team have clearly owned this debate.
For ze others, you disappoint me. The anti-club cap is a tad boring when were easily the best we've been for beards.
Toccy: sort it out mate, you used to be better than all that paranoid gash.

Manchester United have revealed the structure of their payment plan to bring Wayne Rooney to Old Trafford.
The club has told the Stock Exchange that Everton will receive a guaranteed £23m provided Wayne Rooney remains a United player until 30 June 2007.

Everton could earn an extra £7m over and above the basic £20m transfer fee.

The Toffees will receive cash depending on United's success and Rooney's international appearances over the next five years.

£1m if United win the Champions League

£500,000 if United are runners-up in the Champions League

£500,000 if United win the Premiership

£250,000 if United finish second in the Premiership

£150,000 if United win the FA Cup

£500,000 if Rooney earns 20 England caps in competitive games while a United player

£500,000 if Rooney plays a further 20 times for England in competitive games while a United player

Even if none of those things happen in the next five years the Toffees will receive at least an extra £3m, paid in £1m instalments on 1 August 2006 and the same date in 2007 and 2008.

Happy to help.

Cheers for the rapid help. Now how much did Everton actually recoup from the sale of Rooney? I am talking about real facts, not lies Kenwright may have spun.

I have read it mate but i still do not buy it unfortunately.
Since you "don't buy it" you've answered your own question. Since you think everyone else is making up a figure why not make up your own, in your mind it will be more truthful, unless you like arguing with yourself in which case post the text of said argument with self.

Or as the other response said, there's a fine line.

Posted via Mobile Device
The Mick/Goat tag team have clearly owned this debate.
For ze others, you disappoint me. The anti-club cap is a tad boring when were easily the best we've been for beards.
Toccy: sort it out mate, you used to be better than all that paranoid gash.

What paranoid gash?

I didnt get that either mate. He seemed to just jump on you for no reason there.

Agreed, be intesting to see if he actually responds and provides some evidence of this 'paranoid gash'. The man seems to have a big mouth.

I've been a cool cucumber all summer.

The question still remains; why have we not signed anyone when everyone at the club had decided they wanted players in early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back