Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, so he IS for sale? Make up your mind.

He means he is not for sale unless city are prepared to pay absoulate ridiculous money. Reason being if we only sell for 20m we have to replace a CB and LB and you will not be able to do that with 20m certainly not to the standard of lescott anyway so for the current price mentioned it does not make sense. However 30m + you could replace lescott and possibly other areas of the team

He is irreplaceable. Hes a goalscoring CB who can play LB, you cant replace his value to the team.

You even say the market is crazy, so after we had bought a CB and LB, we would be possibly worse off.

Better the devil you know and all that.

Fulham are asking for £12m for that utter yarddog Hangeland. Thats how stupid the market is.

Not for sale City, unless you want to break the magic £30m.

:lol: +rep

Do we need to strengthen our squad? Yes? then we DO need to sell him, cause we ain't got a pot to piss in otherwise.

It's not a question of wanting to sell him - of course, no club wants to lose one of it's best players. But there comes a time where you have to take the money on offer if it means that you can use it to improve the squad overall. Either that, or Kenwright has to find us another Middle-East billionaire.

But we'd have to spend most of that to get a CB of Lescott's ability. What's the point?

Do we need to strengthen our squad? Yes? then we DO need to sell him, cause we ain't got a pot to piss in otherwise.

It's not a question of wanting to sell him - of course, no club wants to lose one of it's best players. But there comes a time where you have to take the money on offer if it means that you can use it to improve the squad overall. Either that, or Kenwright has to find us another Middle-East billionaire.

Another??? Who was the first one???

But we'd have to spend most of that to get a CB of Lescott's ability. What's the point?

As I said, Lescott's a good player but he ain't irreplaceable (despite what others may say) and I would fully back Moyes to be able to find a replacement for a decent price who, if not quite at Lescott's stature, would be able to grow into it. Moyes has a pretty good record of buying lower league players and turning them into first class PL players.

Just interested then to those people who do not want to sell Lescott what would amount of money would it take to let him go?

I really dont want him to go but for me £25m for a centre half after we paid £5m for him would represent too good an offer to turn down.

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes could turn his attention towards Newcastle United's Sebastien Bassong after having his latest bid for Joleon Lescott rejected.Everton are determined to hang on to Lescott and turned an £18million offer from City for the former Wolves defender down earlier in the week.

Hughes told the Manchester Evening News: "We've already walked away from situations where we feel our worth and the value we place on players has been exceeded.

"The value we place on players may be greater because the value we place on getting quality in means our valuations are higher than other clubs.

"It's about getting quality through the door and that's what we've been able to do."

Cameroon international Bassong has spoken already this summer of his desire to leave Tyneside following Newcastle's relegation to the Championship.

The 23-year-old has also been linked with Arsenal as the Gunners step up their search for a replacement for Kolo Toure, and Tottenham Hotspur.

Just interested then to those people who do not want to sell Lescott what would amount of money would it take to let him go?

I really dont want him to go but for me £25m for a centre half after we paid £5m for him would represent too good an offer to turn down.

I would agree with you if there was someone with simialr ability that has not got an over-inflated price tag. 30 mill and I may bite the bullet though.

Already been said but we will also loose left back cover. Could end up buying two players to replace one with another salary to find and the risk that they are not Lescott class.

If Lescott wants to leave then my price would be £28M. This is a few million more than my original post to factor in any fee for Wolves.

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes could turn his attention towards Newcastle United's Sebastien Bassong after having his latest bid for Joleon Lescott rejected.Everton are determined to hang on to Lescott and turned an £18million offer from City for the former Wolves defender down earlier in the week.

Hughes told the Manchester Evening News: "We've already walked away from situations where we feel our worth and the value we place on players has been exceeded.

"The value we place on players may be greater because the value we place on getting quality in means our valuations are higher than other clubs.

"It's about getting quality through the door and that's what we've been able to do."

Cameroon international Bassong has spoken already this summer of his desire to leave Tyneside following Newcastle's relegation to the Championship.

The 23-year-old has also been linked with Arsenal as the Gunners step up their search for a replacement for Kolo Toure, and Tottenham Hotspur.

Thats right Hughes, JOG ON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back