Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really getting pissed off with City and their drip, drip offers. As was said they thought they would get him cheap because we are short of readies.

Everton should report City to the FA. This is as I said before is akin to tapping the player up. We have said he is not for sale, City should respect that and buggar off, stop unsettling the player, the team, and the fans.
Actually kind of clever of them to be honest. They start the summer saying that they want to sign him and after a few weeks table a ridiculous offer that they know will be turned down. They let it go a week and come back with another offer that they know will be turned down.

Then they will let another week go by before tabling a third offer, more in line of what they are prepared to pay. Now we are close to the start of the season so if we agree then we will have next to no time to get a replacement and will most likely loose points in the league. If we turn down the offer they still have time to table an even better offer the coming week that we will find hard to say no to, all the while stating in papers how much money JL would get if he signed for them trying to unsettle him.

If we turn that down they can quickly snap up a replacement with their money and if we take it we will have to scourge the market for a replacement from a club that knows we are desperate and therefore will charge overprizes for their players. And we can't spend the windfall on other players until January at the earliest if we don't do panicbuys that can go either way, since most other interesting targets will most likely have transfered already.

Actually kind of clever of them to be honest. They start the summer saying that they want to sign him and after a few weeks table a ridiculous offer that they know will be turned down. They let it go a week and come back with another offer that they know will be turned down.

Then they will let another week go by before tabling a third offer, more in line of what they are prepared to pay. Now we are close to the start of the season so if we agree then we will have next to no time to get a replacement and will most likely loose points in the league. If we turn down the offer they still have time to table an even better offer the coming week that we will find hard to say no to, all the while stating in papers how much money JL would get if he signed for them trying to unsettle him.

If we turn that down they can quickly snap up a replacement with their money and if we take it we will have to scourge the market for a replacement from a club that knows we are desperate and therefore will charge overprizes for their players. And we can't spend the windfall on other players until January at the earliest if we don't do panicbuys that can go either way, since most other interesting targets will most likely have transfered already.

Bit of a waste of time isn't it? I mean, you've spent £100mill, you don't need to hinder a team that have spent 0 in the quest for world domination.

Simple fact- citeh don't think lescott is worth 25mill. He's not. But in terms of playing for us, the position were in, his importance to us he is.

Bit of a waste of time isn't it? I mean, you've spent £100mill, you don't need to hinder a team that have spent 0 in the quest for world domination.

Simple fact- citeh don't think lescott is worth 25mill. He's not. But in terms of playing for us, the position were in, his importance to us he is.
You might, if the team is one of your closest competitors for Europe and that team would need the money you pay them to strengthen their chances.

Manchester City are preparing an increased offer of £22m for Everton defender Joleon Lescott
What I don't get is the preparation involved? Are they writing the offers using the blood of Arabic virgins? Just scrawl out the 18m, put 22m, initial it MH and fax it over, ffs.

What I don't get is the preparation involved? Are they writing the offers using the blood of Arabic virgins? Just scrawl out the 18m, put 22m, initial it MH and fax it over, ffs.

I think they actually have to get the money bound, neatly lined up in a suitcase and then when they're ready they simply open it suggestively. This is the only way an official offer can be made.

You might, if the team is one of your closest competitors for Europe and that team would need the money you pay them to strengthen their chances.

They'd have done enough damage taking lescott. All they got to do this season a cncentrate on the league. Citeh probably think were not in their league now, it's all top 4 for them, so them giving us a few bob won't scare them in the slightest.

Incidentally on the front of the Times fantasy football thing today was a football with 5 panels coloured in with pictures. Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and ******* Manchester City.

Incidentally on the front of the Times fantasy football thing today was a football with 5 panels coloured in with pictures. Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and ******* Manchester City.

Typical bloody journalists. I hope they bloody choke on it when we get in the top five again.

It won't be the first time we've had to prove everybody wrong. We were everyone's pick to go down the year we got fourth, ffs.

We will see this season how serious City are . I am trying like mad not to hate Manchester City because if truth be told ive always had a soft spot for them as I fcuking hate Manchester United BUT this Lescott saga and Citehs conduct is testing my resolve . Mark Hughes is fast disapearing up his own Y-Fronts with his cock-sure comments concerning other clubs but I suppose if I was him I would be abit smug especially if my next door neighbours were United .

Really? Not a fan of Bouncey then?

I am not saying she is a dog but neither do I personally think shes anything above average . She will without doubt pile on weight when she stops performing . Her thighs are already thunderous . Without make-up she would look ruff as fcuk . Would I slice her ? Dam right I would and I would make Jay-Z video it :lol:

We will see this season how serious City are . I am trying like mad not to hate Manchester City because if truth be told ive always had a soft spot for them as I fcuking hate Manchester United BUT this Lescott saga and Citehs conduct is testing my resolve . Mark Hughes is fast disapearing up his own Y-Fronts with his cock-sure comments concerning other clubs but I suppose if I was him I would be abit smug especially if my next door neighbours were United .

He'll be out on his a**e when they get 3 points from the first 15. I just hope they don't then come in for Moyes. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back