Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he's really injured and that it's not just a ruse before a transfer.

If he hands in a transfer request now I'd be really pissed at him. Not becuase he wants to earn more money at ManC, but at his timing. One week before the season start would leave us with next to no time to get a replacement and no time to get him familiar with his teammates before the first game of the season.

I still have a suspicion that he wont. Reason being is that he would've done so already, we would've asked for a fee, and things would've been sorted. He'll be playing tomorrow. If he's not, worry then.

The only thing I can think of swaying Lescott last minute is the lack of signings and endless promises of "taking the next step" and nothing happening. If that was the case I wouldnt blame him or Moyes....

Bricking it here.

Look, if reports are to be believed, Joleon wants to go so what's the point of risking injury, City then not buying him and us not getting anything out of him and, even if we did, it was grudgingly because he didn't wan't to be here?

We should have a Villa/Gareth Barry stance.

We have a price, they either pay it or he stays. End of story. Sick of the Evertonian stance of "well, if he wants to go we can't keep him"

We f-ing well can, the lad only just signed a contract.

We have a price, they either pay it or he stays. End of story. Sick of the Evertonian stance of "well, if he wants to go we can't keep him"

Your right, we have every right to keep hold of Lescott. I just fear we will surrender though instead of remaining tough. On the flip side, if he does not want to play for us, there is no point in keeping him. If he does leave however, we should order City to pay Wolves the 15% sell on clause or get compensation off them for signing a player under contract.

Of course we CAN but would we want to. If he no longer wants to play for a club then he's not going to give his best. Besides the whole citeh thing will come crashing down. The arabs will get bored and take their money elsewhere eventually.

Of course we CAN but would we want to. If he no longer wants to play for a club then he's not going to give his best. Besides the whole citeh thing will come crashing down. The arabs will get bored and take their money elsewhere eventually.

I would rather have a sulking quality defender than no defence :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back