Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time is the issue. We seem to take so long to make even the uncomplicated deal happen, that with just under a month to go and just two weeks before the start of the season, everything may be done at the last minute.
DM took everone by surprise last year signing Felli when he did so we shouldnt be too concerned that he hasnt got something cooking away quietly.

If Lescott goes it will leave a huge gap until when Yobo gets back from Africa. Yes, Jags will be back before then but how long will it take him to regain his fitness and confidence, especially if he is brought in alongside someone he's not played with before?

Anyway, even if we get £20 mill for him, some goes to Wolves, some to the bank and the rest will be in instalments so maybe not such a fantastic deal after all.

PS, I've got a great signed photo of Lescott after he scored at Bolton in the final minute a few seasons ago - any offers?

14 days to get a centre half in that can play every game till december (when Jags is back) and when Yobo goes to the African Nations...all if Lescott goes...isnt really bags of time.

come back when there is something to get worried about.

last time i looked yobo and lescott were ready for the august 17th kick off and moyes is looking to get in cover for jagielka while he is injured.

god damn. i'd hate to be near any of you in the trenches.

stick your chest out and be a man.

last time i looked yobo and lescott were ready for the august 17th kick off and moyes is looking to get in cover for jagielka while he is injured.

Is that an SAS training school you run over there?

You said we have bags of time to sign someone...in a thread about the possibility of Lescott leaving...

All I said is we've got 14days for a replacement for Lescott if he goes....dems da facts.

You said we have bags of time to sign someone...in a thread about the possibility of Lescott leaving...

All I said is we've got 14days for a replacement for Lescott if he goes....dems da facts.

a month until the transfer window closes.

we are going to buy a center half to replace jagielka irrespective of the lescott scenario.

you, my friend, are panicking.

a month until the transfer window closes.

we are going to buy a center half to replace jagielka irrespective of the lescott scenario.

you, my friend, are panicking.

Not panicking at all but you do know we start the season on the 15th? Right?

IF Lescott goes we will have just Joesph Yobo as a 1st team centre half.

Just to remind you about that really....because you're understanding of it is, "£20mill from Lescott and we've got a month and 13days to buy what we need. Everything will be ffiiiiiiiiiiiiiine"

how about right now we have two international center backs ready to play at the kick off.

or how about if lescott does not leave and we sign senderos then we have three international center backs ready to play.

do you see what is out there?

how about right now we have two international center backs ready to play at the kick off.

or how about if lescott does not leave and we sign senderos then we have three international center backs ready to play.

:unsure:

I think you're talking about something completely different here pal cos Im not following.

Prefer that statement by a mile. :D

Time is the issue. We seem to take so long to make even the uncomplicated deal happen, that with just under a month to go and just two weeks before the start of the season, everything may be done at the last minute.
DM took everone by surprise last year signing Felli when he did so we shouldnt be too concerned that he hasnt got something cooking away quietly.

If Lescott goes it will leave a huge gap until when Yobo gets back from Africa. Yes, Jags will be back before then but how long will it take him to regain his fitness and confidence, especially if he is brought in alongside someone he's not played with before?

Anyway, even if we get £20 mill for him, some goes to Wolves, some to the bank and the rest will be in instalments so maybe not such a fantastic deal after all.

PS, I've got a great signed photo of Lescott after he scored at Bolton in the final minute a few seasons ago - any offers?

you wont get it in installments mate it will be cash upfront not just because we can but because thats the rules in this country betwen english clubs.

installments are only between clubs from other european countries

Lescott transfer request

Dont know whether this has already been covered or commented upon apologises if it has . I overheard a conversation in the toilets today in the soulless bowl that is the Ricoh Arena that Lescott didnt travel for todays game purely because he has requested a transfer himself in person to Moyes .

I also couldnt spot Moyes on the sidelines either ?

As for the performance today , Tony Hibbert is a joke . I am past letting his presence in our team get to me now I only feel pity for our supporters who can only carry on kidding themselves that his inculsion is justified in anyway shape or form . Why the hell did Moyes sell Jacobsen ? God only knows . Bad bad decision on Moyes part that . Osmans inclusion was pure comedy too . Utter garbage . Hopefully he"ll be back at the Ricoh again soon as its about his level . Dont get me started on Jo . Yes he really is that bad .

Its looking like its going to be a long hard season . If we had 11 Cahills we might be alright .

Why the hell did Moyes sell Jacobsen ? God only knows . Bad bad decision on Moyes part that .

I didn't see any of the game so I don't know about most of the comments in your post but Moyes didn't sell Jacobsen. He was free. We may be kicking ourselves over why didn't we resign him since the Naughton deal fell through though. We shall see.

I heard Jo was Moyes' man of the match? Hmm

Hibbo and Osman aren't first XI players if all are fit in my opinion, but they play and love Everton, thats enough for me

It's up to the board and Moyes to get in better players to play, I think those 2 give 100% week in....week out. But yes they may not be our best players

As for Lescott, hoped (and still hope I guess) that he hasn't handed one in....just hope the transfer goes through tomorrow rather than the last day of August if it does!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back