2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not seen a replay, but in my eyes it's either a goal kick or a foul. Because Antonio has 3ither headed the ball or Pickford.

I'd also add for people wanting him sold again, 2 point blank saves and he's been faultless since the Derby.

This thread needs burning to the ground
Watched it a few times and it is a foul. Also, the officials giving a corner just guessed seemed more like a goal kick to me

I've not seen a replay, but in my eyes it's either a goal kick or a foul. Because Antonio has 3ither headed the ball or Pickford.

I'd also add for people wanting him sold again, 2 point blank saves and he's been faultless since the Derby.

This thread needs burning to the ground
I've watched it. It wasn't a foul as Antonio won the ball with his head. It was a corner as Pickford's fingers touched the ball after that. What's confusing is how Antonio won the header in the first place. Pickford could have collected the ball, punched the ball or even just clash into Antonio for the foul but none of the above happened.

In those situations you need to have one eye on the ball and a spare looking at what the attacker is doing, Antonio starts leading with the arm just as it’s dropping towards his head, there’s two ways it’s going, wide or Pickford clatters him and it’s a pen

….in those situations keepers use their massive height advantage to pluck the ball off the strikers head. Pickford will continue to cost us because he can’t dominate his area.

He knows that’s a 50/50 challenge. Basics.

You knew after the first two times he webbed the ball out it was going to be one of those days with him.
Should have collected that ball easy or punched it , he has been OK mostly for a while but that was back to old self unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.