2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't it used to be a rule that you couldn't challenge the keeper when he was off the ground? Has it changed or just changed for the none Sky 6 sides?
This goes back to my point. Pickford for some strange reason avoided contact with Antonio. If he had just gone for the ball while jumping into Antonio, the ref would have given a foul in his favour.

He’s a strange cat. Some games his head just doesn’t seem focused - from the first couple of minutes today when he played a pretty poor ball out to digne he just seemed off today. Could argue whether it’s a foul or not for the goal but it’s marginal - I know Antonio is a unit but any top keeper needs to be dealing with that situation conclusively.

I do see your point about the lack of players with football intelligence. It'll take at least a couple more transfer windows to change it.
Yes to nice at times. I think we’re starting to show a bit more of a nasty streak. With Mina, Godfrey, Allan, Doucoure, Richarlison. Buy there’s a difference between having a few nasty players, to clever players.

I real hope Rafael gets backed in the next few windows, because I feel he will know what we need. And will get us there

Looked injured to me. Holding his shoulder now and then and clearly not looking to kick downfield a lot apart from on the volley out of his hands.

He’s a strange cat. Some games his head just doesn’t seem focused - from the first couple of minutes today when he played a pretty poor ball out to digne he just seemed off today. Could argue whether it’s a foul or not for the goal but it’s marginal - I know Antonio is a unit but any top keeper needs to be dealing with that situation conclusively.
Agree also a couple of unnecessary punches unsettled us early on when we looked under the cosh.

This goes back to my point. Pickford for some strange reason avoided contact with Antonio. If he had just gone for the ball while jumping into Antonio, the ref would have given a foul in his favour.
If he’d have gone into Antonio, it would have been a West Ham penalty not the other way round

Wasn’t great from Godfrey but Pickford just had to deal with that. Get his knee up to disrupt Antonio and just catch or punch it. Basic stuff.

He does these f.... Ups a least two or three times a season, should have cashed in on him after the euros and just get a bigger keeper ,them crosses are simple to most goalies .

I cant see Pickford starting against Watford.

Everton should have stopped him joining England.
Unless his shoulder flares up majorly in training, he’ll play
Wasn’t great from Godfrey but Pickford just had to deal with that. Get his knee up to disrupt Antonio and just catch or punch it. Basic stuff.
If you watch it again, they both have their eye on the ball, then Antonio leans his arm out as it drops, he was likely to get clattered in the face if he’d gone for the catch or punch, it was gonna end in a foul one way or the other

Status
Not open for further replies.